Dodgy Day Lite. Saturday 21st November, Purga

Queensland Events

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ

Vat
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Re: Dodgy Day Lite. Saturday 21st November, Purga

Postby Vat » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:11 pm

Fair cop :lol: You forgot to mention chasing the mysterious knock that only I can hear!

Highlight for mewas steampunk coming back from driving Magpie's thing with big eyes and tales of scary light steering. It's certainly busy and needs very soft hands - you're better leaving it to do its thing in a straight line and guide it in the right direction without fighting it. Engine is lovely, though, very tractable mid-revs and happy to pull cleanly from 3k in 5th.

Food was lovely and I'll try to convince the better half to make a baking contribution to the next one.
'98 Evo Gold NB8A
QR-Clubman 66.5109|Sprint 63.3635|Sportsman 67.4673|National 92.3481|Lakeside 65.7478|MP K 1:35.382|MP E 1:16.422|NM 1:08.017

pezchops
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby pezchops » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:18 pm

thanks again Mr and Mrs magpie for hosting.
the smoked salmon was great and the wings as good as last time.
it was a nice relaxing day with only a few small jobs to do.

Steampunk
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Steampunk » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:23 pm

Vat wrote:Highlight for mewas steampunk coming back from driving Magpie's thing with big eyes and tales of scary light steering.

Errrr... yeah... it felt like it wanted to go everywhere BUT where I wanted it to go :shock: and all I wanted was to go STRAIGHT... is that too much to ask? :P

I guess at speed, when aero/downforce comes into effect, it's properly stable, but on a rough road up to 110km it was Disney On Ice. I guess that's what happens when you run 4deg negative camber :)

Clutch and brake pedal were fantastic; clutch was very light and brake had no squish whatsoever, very direct feel.

Torque was prodigious, pulling away in 5th gear and 4,000RPM gives the shame shove a standard car does 2nd gear at same RPM.

Keen on another test drive, at QR, at least then if the car does want to go on an excursion, it will just be a matter of lawnmowing and buffing out grass stains from underbody.

Thanks pezchops for installing air-redirection rubber between top of radiator and front scuttle, always meant to do that sooner or later,and being the procrastonator I am, it would have been later, MUCH later :P

Thanks again Magpie and Mrs Magpie for hosting a relaxed, enjoyable, day amongst great company.

MXO005
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby MXO005 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:48 pm

Another great catch up.
No MX5 for me this time, so no jobs done but plenty of ideas thrown around in my head and pezchops is working on something that could make a world of difference to my driving :wink:

Thanks to Mr and Mrs Magpie for hosting and catering again. Sorry I didn't bring anything.
Will try and knock up a chorizo potato salad next time if that's not too girly or messy Mark? :lol: I can't compete with those wings!

Sorry "My Mum" couldn't make it to see the boys. She won our 10 week challenge at bootcamp by losing 6.5kg so is still out celebrating with the girls. Hopefully not putting too much back on :twisted:

Thanks again for bringing my wheel back from Lakeside and again extremely grateful to Tess for spotting my "issue". 8)
Cheers also to Steampunk for the loan of the spacesaver. :wink:

Great to meet up with Vat and learn that he's local to me. Just tracked down your thread on carandimage so might seek some more advice from you later. :DIY:

Cheers to pezchops for :beer: :mrgreen: Looking forward to developments once your Patent is Pending :D
Ian
Silver '94 Eunos Roadster - Nothing much to report.... yet!

Vat
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby Vat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:48 pm

Small world syndrome strikes again! Yeah, just hit me up for coffee or whatever. In terms of mechanical stuff, I pay people to do it, usually...
'98 Evo Gold NB8A
QR-Clubman 66.5109|Sprint 63.3635|Sportsman 67.4673|National 92.3481|Lakeside 65.7478|MP K 1:35.382|MP E 1:16.422|NM 1:08.017

Hoolio
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Hoolio » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:50 am

So disappointed that I missed this :(

Return to “Queensland”