Wiseman's Ferry Photoshoot/Galston Rd run! 26/1 Aus Day!

New South Wales and Canberra Events

Moderators: Andrew, -alex, miata, Midori

EGG80X
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby EGG80X » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:47 pm

dont forget ppl its going to be double demerit period

maxwolfie
Racing Driver

Re:

Postby maxwolfie » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:51 am

Red Baron wrote:
rofl, your a funny guy

Not up to it????

Would take some serious planning, but it is possible.

Now, lets look at the possibilities in Melbourne, what would Melbourne have to equal Sydney. Canberra would have parliment house, Brisbane the Storey bridge

And then the final link, when was the first shipment of MX-5's delivered to Australia, that should set the date.

Sponsors would love it :mrgreen:

Want a photo shoot, think BIG

baron

I was just seeing if there was some interest for a casual meet up, I wasn't going to organise anything massive..
'89 JDM NA6 (black)
2" s/s ex., 4-2-1 extractors, high flow cat, RX-7 AFM + pod, lightened fly, h/d clutch, 2 way lsd, slotted rtrs, Racing beat type II front bar, Speedy 17" wheels

Bevan
Speed Racer

Re:

Postby Bevan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:46 am

Red Baron wrote:
rofl, your a funny guy

Not up to it????
Would take some serious planning, but it is possible.
Now, lets look at the possibilities in Melbourne, what would Melbourne have to equal Sydney. Canberra would have parliment house, Brisbane the Storey bridge
And then the final link, when was the first shipment of MX-5's delivered to Australia, that should set the date.
Sponsors would love it :mrgreen:
Want a photo shoot, think BIG
baron
Baron has a new baby :mrgreen:

Red Baron
Fast Driver

Postby Red Baron » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:39 pm

Bugger, thought it was a photo shoot opportunity :(

Was looking forward to someone organising this, thought it would be great.

As for runs on a double demerit weekend, don't think so, the revenue hunters will be out in force.

Just a thought, maybe someone will grab the idea and make it happen one day.

baron
Red
True Red NC Touring, Tein's, sways, beatrush chassis suite, roadstersports exhaust, starting to steer like a sports car, and stop like a bee with Hawk pads and DBA4000's! And still the wife's shopping cart, "Gold"

maxwolfie
Racing Driver

Re:

Postby maxwolfie » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:43 pm

Red Baron wrote:Bugger, thought it was a photo shoot opportunity :(

Was looking forward to someone organising this, thought it would be great.

As for runs on a double demerit weekend, don't think so, the revenue hunters will be out in force.

Just a thought, maybe someone will grab the idea and make it happen one day.

baron

It was an opportunity but not enough were interested to make it worthwhile (a little late notice)

As by "run" i mean "drive"
'89 JDM NA6 (black)
2" s/s ex., 4-2-1 extractors, high flow cat, RX-7 AFM + pod, lightened fly, h/d clutch, 2 way lsd, slotted rtrs, Racing beat type II front bar, Speedy 17" wheels

sunseekermx5

Postby sunseekermx5 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:01 pm

I'll be probably heading out for a run tomorrow( or drive..demerit points style!!) if its fine would be interested in wiseman's wollombi or similar as I live on the central coast got work in the morning unfortunately but arvo sounds good can meet if anyone has a similar idea in mind

Li7hium
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby Li7hium » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:11 pm

Is it on?

Time frames now? Considering the inclement weather?

Matt
NA8
Wakefield 1:14:78 28-6-09! Oran Park GP 1:27:73 30-03-08 Oran Park South 54:50 14-10-2007 Eastern Creek 2:02:44 6-8-07
BRZ
Pheasant Wood 1:05.4940

maxwolfie
Racing Driver

Postby maxwolfie » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:44 pm

No one really showed any interest quick enough (not blaming anyone!!) so I'm going on the ozmazdaclub.com cruise! it's basically up to soldiers bay for a meet and back, please check the NSW events forum there for more info!!
'89 JDM NA6 (black)

Sean
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Re:

Postby Sean » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:27 pm

maxwolfie wrote:No one really showed any interest quick enough (not blaming anyone!!) so I'm going on the ozmazdaclub.com cruise! it's basically up to soldiers bay for a meet and back, please check the NSW events forum there for more info!!

What a top quality cruise - guys ranging from teenagers on P plates to couples old enough to be my parents. Everyone got on well, no-one tried to be a hero or racer on the double demerit points weekend.

Nice well organised run :D
When results speak for themselves - don't interrupt.

MxJadeMonkey
Fast Driver

Postby MxJadeMonkey » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:54 pm

thats run was the most unorganised run i have ever had the mishap of attending, not sure about anyone else but the run on the way up there took nearly three hours from thornleigh maccas to the entrance, common pick up your game ozmazda club, dont think ill be going on one with them again, too many morons that love getting 20 to 30 cars lost at once, now on the way home with the ten or so select few cars that decided to take a run from gosford down the old pacific hwy, now thats what i call a run, dd points weekend or not i had a ball 130 through bends sitting up the arse of about 4 cars i loved it, cant wait to do it again except for the bloke who killed his gear box and the poofter copper it was great.
1991 NA6 Velocity Blue (Ford Colour)

Sean
Racing Driver

Re:

Postby Sean » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:46 pm

MxJadeMonkey wrote:except for the bloke who killed his gear box
Rob with the astina is a good mate of mine (WTF323).

The box came out on friday, and 3rd is the only gear with problems, a replacement has already been found and it's ready for teh whole lot to be refitted when we get time off work...

MxJadeMonkey
Fast Driver

Postby MxJadeMonkey » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:24 pm

yeah man i heard it was only third man, i was busy keeping the coppers happy with my safe driving skills hehe, hows your car ne ways man, p.s. steve said to say thanks for the road map and cash too.
1991 NA6 Velocity Blue (Ford Colour)

Sean
Racing Driver

Re:

Postby Sean » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:25 am

MxJadeMonkey wrote:yeah man i heard it was only third man, i was busy keeping the coppers happy with my safe driving skills hehe, hows your car ne ways man, p.s. steve said to say thanks for the road map and cash too.

No worries, that car is an animal - makes similar power to mine in a FWD with mazdaspped LSD :?

Torque steer :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “New South Wales/ACT”