Moderators: Andrew, -alex, miata, Midori

jncook
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NC

Overseas visitors

Postby jncook » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Hi All,
See below.

"My name is Scott Lewis. We (my wife Judy and I) are going to be vacationing in Australia from February 1st -11th 2013. We are in the San Diego Miata (MX5) Club via the USA. Our first week will be a weeklong stay at Coral Coast Palm Cove in Cairns. On February 8th we will fly back to Sydney for a 3 night stay at Courtyard by Marriot, Macquarie Park, New South Wales before leaving Sydney on a weeklong cruise ship the afternoon of February 11th."

Unfortunately they are in Sydney over a busy weekend for the Club! I have volunteered to meet up with them for dinner Friday night, and perhaps a drive sometime Saturday. If there is anyone else who is not busy saturday then we could join u and show them some sights. Might need another car with a spare passenger seat if we can.

I have not met this couple but I know a few of the San Diego members and still keep contact with them. They entertained me very well a number of years ago, so I would like to reciprocate and do the same here.

Anyone heard of Voodoo Bob and his knobs?

Jean
Jean
2007 Copper Red

If you think a car is just to get from A to B, then you are driving the wrong car!

Sailor
Racing Driver

Re: Overseas visitors

Postby Sailor » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:55 am

Hi Jean, a little busy at that time.
Let them know that there is a car hire place near the airport in Cairns that has couple of MX5s for rent.
Can't recall the name but they're right at the intersection of the highway and the airport road
Perfect for a drive through the rainforest or into the hinterland.
Rob

05 NCLE, Cosworth SC,PF01,Ohlins,Selby,GWR exh
"We're only given a tiny spark of madness.We mustn't lose it"(Robin Williams)

LuckyCat
Fast Driver

Re: Overseas visitors

Postby LuckyCat » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Get them on the Breakfast Run to Berry.

c

Return to “New South Wales/ACT”