2nd MX5 cars, coffee and Nasho run

New South Wales and Canberra Events

Moderators: Andrew, -alex, miata, Midori

StanTheMan
Forum legend
Vehicle: NA6

Re: 2nd MX5 cars, coffee and Nasho run

Postby StanTheMan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:20 am

by the way. I thought that Cafe was [pretty awesome. The que was out the door . They got the food out no fuss, very quickly too. Great recommendation.
Satans Ride called F33nix the resurrected NA6

Chuppa
Fast Driver

Postby Chuppa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Can recommend dinner (and happy hour) there too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
‎"We are all self-made. But only the successful will admit it."

Daffy
Forum legend
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby Daffy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:51 pm

ManiacLachy wrote:Looks fun (and cold!). I've been following along with you guys, little bit jealous.

Bout time we did something about it as I've yet to catch-up with those north of Helensvale! PM comming your way shortly..............
StanTheMan wrote:sweet, Its not all about huge hp.

viewtopic.php?t=73496

Daffy
Forum legend

Postby Daffy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 pm

So, left Sydney on Monday morning at around 6am. Light traffic leaving the St George district, got through the CBD quick. Hit Newcastle at the start of their peak hour, filled up on the E85 and hit the highway to The outskirts of Port Macquarie- although the road is mostly straight and 110kph zone- I passed like 2 (?) cars........no radio or music playing, nothing but the sound of a humming and smooth running motor, beautiful surrounds and time to be lost in my own thoughts, something I would recommend to anyone wanting to have some "me" time :BROADY: .

Threw 3x 5ltr jerry cans of e85 in when I stopped for a bite at Nambucca Heads Maccas to get both me and the Problem Child across the line at Coffs Harbour for a fill up of the e85 again, and then running the gauntlet of roadworks from there on.

Several fun overtakes and a couple of lengthy chinwags on the phone (headphones and handsfree of course) the rest of the way to Coolangatta QLD, arriving about 4pm- roof down with great weather the whole way from Sydney, arriving with a quarter tank showing on the fuel gauge, and a new washer bottle via NitroDann on the trip down. Some more memories of great people and good times via the simple fact of owning and driving an MX5 to put a smile on my face- thanks folks!! :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

viewtopic.php?t=73496

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru

Postby ManiacLachy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:21 am

You road trip on the E85? You've got flex, right? For hours and hours of 100-110kph (ok, maybe a little more :mrgreen: ) , why wouldn't you just burn 98, get more range and spend a little less?

Maybe I just need to try this magic corn juice?

Also, I'm impressed you can talk hands free in your car. Not really possible in mine unless you like shouting.

StanTheMan
Forum legend

Postby StanTheMan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:54 am

E85 has made a significant difference in mine but its N/A. I don't run a flex fuel sensor at this time. I run separate maps.

I think I could perhaps go more aggressive timing in my 98 fuel map still. I think it is the conservative timing on my 98 map is what makes the big difference.

draw back with mine the first tank only get to about 60% usually. and thats only on the estimate that I'm getting 70% Ethanol. There is no way to tell really without a sensor. Ive heard of as little as 65% in winter. First tank I run a separate map again

as long as you get over 50% you can use the full timing( at least that's what I read on MT)....but that also depends what ECU you are using. MS2 is a little simplistic. I think it relies totally on the sensor and it advances the timing proportionally according to Ethanol content. No table swapping and if it does table swapping it would also do it proportionally. Youd have to have 3 or 4 tables to make it really sweet. Not sure how the halteck does it. But hopefully much better than the MS2.

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru

Postby ManiacLachy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:12 am

Thanks Stan, that's interesting. I'm thinking I want to run FLEX and get as much out of the stock SE motor/turbo as I can (while it lasts). I'd just need to figure out a way to convince the lady that I we can get by without my car for 2 weeks while the car is with NitroDann ...

StanTheMan
Forum legend

Postby StanTheMan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:35 am

ManiacLachy wrote:Thanks Stan, that's interesting. I'm thinking I want to run FLEX and get as much out of the stock SE motor/turbo as I can (while it lasts). I'd just need to figure out a way to convince the lady that I we can get by without my car for 2 weeks while the car is with NitroDann ...

Doesn't Dan's hair raise on his neck with stock SE's? Just hire another car for 2 weeks. get him to do the full monte in one go

Daffy
Forum legend

Postby Daffy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:13 pm

ManiacLachy wrote:You road trip on the E85? You've got flex, right? For hours and hours of 100-110kph (ok, maybe a little more :mrgreen: ) , why wouldn't you just burn 98, get more range and spend a little less?

Maybe I just need to try this magic corn juice?

Also, I'm impressed you can talk hands free in your car. Not really possible in mine unless you like shouting.

I must admit- I had all intentions to run out at least one tank of 98ulp from Coffs Harbour to home........ the 98ulp tune still sees the "child" run around the 300hp mark at 18psi of boost-
...ummmmm...........hmmmmm........errrrrr........(right now my mind and right foot have me pinned down, smacking my head and are screaming in my ear give me MOOOOooARrrrrrrr power Punk!!!! :twisted: ) Magic the corn juice is!
Simplest answer, I just cant help myself- more boost, more power, more timing & more G-force into the drivers seat :P - I have to admit, I can't recall the last time I did fill up with 98 (although a couple of tanks of Caltex flex fuel have been pumped, not quite on the absolute 85 mark right???)

As for the hands free- iPhone headphones in and even with the roof down @ 110kph, it is surprisingly clear on both sides! (Windows up though) :?

viewtopic.php?t=73496

Return to “New South Wales/ACT”