EOI - GOR run

Victorian and Tasmanian Events

Moderators: Stu, Andrew, miata

blue_na
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

EOI - GOR run

Postby blue_na » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:27 am

The black spur is fantastic, but seems so short in comparison to the GOR :lol: If there's one road in Australia that must be dríven in a '5 its the GOR. They were made for it. It's alot easier to get up if you live close though. :roll: :mrgreen:
The emotion of motion... Zoom-Zoom!

bensale
Racing Driver

EOI - GOR run

Postby bensale » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:46 pm

Agreed the GOR is great fun, although so damm far away... I need to go again! I'm thinking about spending a few days down there is late Jan/Feb when the school holidays are over so it's quiter and I can get a spot in a caravan park. It would be great to drive all the roads properly instead of having to turn around and head straight back to melbourne a bit after appollo bay. It would also be great to do all of the mountain roads around there too.

Cheyne, if you're not working monday do you want to do the spurs? It's the last day I can really go on a drive until after christmas.
www.othersideproductions.com
NA6-Phillip Island 1:57.7, Winton 1:42.9, Winton Short 1:12.4, Sandown 1:35.2, Wakefield 1.15.9, Nurburgring 9:17.0

CheyneX5
Racing Driver

EOI - GOR run

Postby CheyneX5 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Why does work always have to get in the way of fun :evil: we might have to do a run after christmas then mate, im pretty booked out too, plus.. weather does not look to promising either and with the rate both our tyres are going, probably not such a good idea :oops:
90' NA6 - Classic Red
09' Skoda Octavia vRS TSi Wagon - Race Blue

bensale
Racing Driver

EOI - GOR run

Postby bensale » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:39 pm

:oops: Fine point about the tyres, although I'm surprised how much grip mine have retained even though they're down to the TWI's. After christmas sounds good mate!
NA6-Phillip Island 1:57.7, Winton 1:42.9, Winton Short 1:12.4, Sandown 1:35.2, Wakefield 1.15.9, Nurburgring 9:17.0

stevesports
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

EOI - GOR run

Postby stevesports » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:55 pm

hmmm...i would be down for a spur run, pending date.

CheyneX5
Racing Driver

EOI - GOR run

Postby CheyneX5 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:22 pm

I was also impressed, mine are barely near the TWI's and i was still getting less traction through corners than you, must be that bloody LSD :mrgreen:
90' NA6 - Classic Red
09' Skoda Octavia vRS TSi Wagon - Race Blue

blue_na
Fast Driver

EOI - GOR run

Postby blue_na » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:08 pm

Its never really quiet at the GOR, especially in summer there are alot of tourists, which includes buses. :frown:
Always best to go early morning (or even late night if you've got balls!), save the arvo's for drinks on the beach. :lol:
Apollo Bay -> 12 Apostles is my favorite part... gets really tight towards the end, and a has a motivating "twisties next 60km" sign! :mrgreen:
The emotion of motion... Zoom-Zoom!

bensale
Racing Driver

EOI - GOR run

Postby bensale » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:34 am

CheyneX5 wrote:I was also impressed, mine are barely near the TWI's and i was still getting less traction through corners than you, must be that bloody LSD :mrgreen:

Yeah, not bad for 8 year old almost worn out worn out tyres. Most certainaly must have been that bloody LSD!

Doesn't really surprise me that the GOR is never quiet, early morning sounds like the go and I look forward to seeking out that sign. However, last time I was down there I found the mountain roads still fairly quiet in the middle of the day. I did one which was 42km, one car on the way up and none on the way back. Not bad!

fastfreddygassit
Waitin' for a mate
Vehicle: NB SE

EOI - GOR run

Postby fastfreddygassit » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:30 am

Just watch out for the bikes riders on Sunday mornings.
6am+ the motorbikes go from Lorne to the lookout and back.
You'll usually see them sipping lattes at the Arab's in Lorne after 8am because...
....the pushbike guys go to Apollo Bay at that time.

Return to “Victoria/Tasmania”