Monet's Garden. NGV Melbourne

Victorian and Tasmanian Events

Moderators: Stu, Andrew, miata

taminga16
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Monet's Garden. NGV Melbourne

Postby taminga16 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:07 pm

I had the good fortune of attending an exclusive preview of the 'Monet's Garden' at the NGV in Melbourne last evening. The exhibition includes sixty two of Monet's works on loan from collections across the world and is a joy to see, Monet was the only impressionist of his time that painted in (Plein air) or true light and whilst he claimed to paint entirely outdoors it would not have been possible when one considers his catalogue of work, his method was dramatic in that he did not draw and then paint, something that becomes clear when one views the works closely, everything is 'dab and stroke', freehand if you like and in viewing his work I cannot help but feel that he must have painted a long way from the canvas. Brilliant. I might add that my evening was further enhanced by the company of Rosa C a New MX-5 Club member, truly wonderful company, thank you Rosa. Greg x.
A thanks also to MAZDA AUSTRALIA and particularly to Elly and Emily (X's) for their work, efforts and the continuing support of the organisation, Wonderful.
Go and see this, some things only come around once!
Greg.
When you turn your car on, does it return the favour?

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: Monet's Garden. NGV Melbourne

Postby greenMachine » Sat May 11, 2013 11:24 am

I can believe it. I visited Giverny, and l'Orangerie, some years ago and I have to say it almost equalled Le Mans, Goodwood FoS as a highlight of the trip :wink: .

It's probably time for a refresher - is it coming to the ANG, or will we have to make the trek south to see it?

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

hks_kansei
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby hks_kansei » Sat May 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Might need to have a look.

I haven't been to the gallery in ages, but every time I've been it's been a really good way to spend an afternoon.
1999 Mazda MX5 - 1989 Honda CT110 (for sale) - 1994 Mazda 626 wagon (GF's)

taminga16
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby taminga16 » Sat May 11, 2013 7:40 pm

I think that it will require a trip. When you arrive in the foyer there is an installation, after you have absorbed it, look up at the ceiling and see it in it's entirety.
Greg.
When you turn your car on, does it return the favour?

Return to “Victoria/Tasmania”