Mazda MX-5 club of Victoria - Pirate Run 15/12/2013

Victorian and Tasmanian Events

Moderators: Stu, Andrew, miata

Gracie
Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Mazda MX-5 club of Victoria - Pirate Run 15/12/2013

Postby Gracie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:54 am

Ahoy me hearties, sign on and join your shipmates, then splice the mainbrace with this themed celebration of the festive season.
Get into the spirit of the day and you may even take home some booty from our treasure chest! Your costume can be as fancy or as basic as you like ... raid the kids’ toy box and use your imagination or come in full rig.....................

All the details: http://mx5vic.org.au/wp-content/uploads ... ec2013.pdf

Ron Macdonald
Central Chapter Captain

Pokmx5
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Re: Mazda MX-5 club of Victoria - Pirate Run 15/12/2013

Postby Pokmx5 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:31 pm

Can i come as the naked pirate???

shuey
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby shuey » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:59 pm

Pokmx5 wrote:Can i come as the naked pirate???

nobody has to see that, nobody... :shock:
2001 Sunlight Silver NB8B - SOLD - 23/6/16 :frown:

Pokmx5
Fast Driver

Postby Pokmx5 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:13 pm

nobody will unless they look :) :P

Gracie
Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby Gracie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:41 am

Please note: This is a club members only event

Pokmx5
Fast Driver

Postby Pokmx5 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:31 pm

well that's terrible then isn't it... I COULD... bored a members car ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

fastfreddygassit
Waitin' for a mate
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby fastfreddygassit » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Gracie wrote:Please note: This is a club members only event

That's interesting. So prospective member cannot come along to see what is what?
If that is the case, may I suggest the "club members only" runs not be posted here, but leave it for
the members magazine/email (which is members only) and the MX5 club of Victoria Facebook page.
If not, put "club members only" in the subject line and first post so that non-members do not accidentally attend the club members only event.

I just find it discourteous that you can say to people that it is an exclusive event only open to members when you have posted on an open forum.
You will find that you are alienating prospective members from joining your chapter.
Wouldn't it be better to state that new members can attend 2-4 runs (for example) after which it is expected that they then become financial members?

anyway, that is my 2c worth, good luck with the run
:mrgreen:

StockNA
Fast Driver

Postby StockNA » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:56 am

Wow! How rude. Maybe a "Sorry guys this is... ... due to... ... Next event is open..."

fastfreddygassit wrote:That's interesting. So prospective member cannot come along to see what is what?
If that is the case, may I suggest the "club members only" runs not be posted here, but leave it for
the members magazine/email (which is members only) and the MX5 club of Victoria Facebook page.
If not, put "club members only" in the subject line and first post so that non-members do not accidentally attend the club members only event.

I just find it discourteous that you can say to people that it is an exclusive event only open to members when you have posted on an open forum.
You will find that you are alienating prospective members from joining your chapter.
Wouldn't it be better to state that new members can attend 2-4 runs (for example) after which it is expected that they then become financial members?

^agreed!!! Answered the question on if I'm going, may have also answered the question of if I should join the club... I understand club members only, but should be stated earlier, sounds more like an excuse not to have naked pirates.

Aw well... Good luck and have fun in the "No Homers" club :)

Arty
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NC

Postby Arty » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:32 pm

fastfreddygassit wrote:

That's interesting. So prospective member cannot come along to see what is what?

:BROADY:

taminga16
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby taminga16 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:00 am

:BROADY:
In the past the club has 'piggybacked' things such as 'New and Potential Members nights' with the Garage Caf'e/ Thursday night events, why can't it be reciprocated?
Gregory Brown.
Mazda MX-5 Club of Victoria. Member No. 1618
When you turn your car on, does it return the favour?

Return to “Victoria/Tasmania”