SO I'M READY TO CLUB REG MY MX

Victorian and Tasmanian Events

Moderators: Stu, Andrew, miata

Oldfart_mx5
Driver
Vehicle: NA6

SO I'M READY TO CLUB REG MY MX

Postby Oldfart_mx5 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:17 pm

What is the best club to join so I don't need to wait once I get my roadworthy here in Victoria ?
Is there an Mx club also that does Rwc themselves ?
Any advise about which way to head would be really helpful to get my Mx5 on the road.
Cheers

taminga16
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Re: SO I'M READY TO CLUB REG MY MX

Postby taminga16 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:41 pm

Get in touch with the MX5 Club of Victoria and Tasmania.
Greg.

Here. http://mx5vic.org.au/
edit. Address.
When you turn your car on, does it return the favour?

Mr Morlock
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Mr Morlock » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:35 pm

there is a plenty of info on The Club Plate System and VicRoads has the rules and processes. There is no best Club. It's surprising that an enthusiast is not already in a Club that suits their interests or location or age profile etc. The AOMC sits as a representative for many clubs and has been a great asset to working with VicRoads to bring in the Cp system. Bear in mind there are plenty of Clubs that cater for a variety of cars especially country clubs.

What you will find is that reputable Clubs will have their rules and that may cover a minimum number of events that a member must attend to be considered for a CP or have to been a member for say 12 mths. I doubt any Club will accept a member for CP without a waiting period. Also many Clubs will not resign renewals if a CP holder is not attending a minimum number of events. Many Clubs have web sites and info on all matters including their take on the Cp system.

hks_kansei
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby hks_kansei » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:33 am

You're best to look for local clubs and speak to them directly.

Many clubs have their own rules where you must attend X number of meetings, and be a member for X time period before thye allow you to club rego a car.

They do this in order to try and deter people from joining just for the purpose of getting club rego (since the clubs are also at risk if they get a rogue join etc)
1999 Mazda MX5 - 1989 Honda CT110 (for sale) - 1994 Mazda 626 wagon (GF's)

93_Clubman
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Clubman

Postby 93_Clubman » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:08 pm

Rules do vary, so look around for a club that is suitable, & fits with your requirements if you have any, or start your own club: <http://feralsportscarclub.net/CarClub2.html>
<http://feralsportscarclub.net/>

Mr Morlock
Speed Racer

Postby Mr Morlock » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:38 pm

I missed a point- no Club in Vic does their own RWC's- vehicles must go through a Licensed Vehicle Tester and it must be 25 years or older for CPs i.e. look at the build date. I believe some Clubs still may have safety checks but it will not preclude the RWC. I am not saying that Vintage vehicles are quite the same i.e. it's a not so easy for example with brake tests and some other things.

Vicroads have already closed down a number of so called Clubs which are nothing but ways for people to make money getting RWCs for a price etc. Clubs are actually quite anti the brigade of users who are only in it to drive rusty bombs and flaunt the rules. Clubs and members can also report breaches direct to Vicroads. People caught not completing log books end up with a high fine and no permit.And the other thing that is also identified by Vicroads is that some mods may not be accepted - there has been a lot of discussion on this subject to arrive at a set of rules. Its only Vic that even has a 25 year rule ( as far as I know )and that can change. Its also been foreshadowed that the definition of Clubs will be and probably already is being addressed and this is pretty clearly aimed at closing off shonks.

93_Clubman
Speed Racer

Postby 93_Clubman » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:01 pm

You make it sound like Oldfart_mx5 might want to beat the system. There are above board niche clubs, not just the majors that meet with your approval.

taminga16
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby taminga16 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Re: My link to the MX-5 Club, why not join a like-minded group?, the Club rego thing in Victoria was refined only recently to ensure uniformity. throwing questions like these to public opinion will only end in tears, even our resident sage Mr M has recognised his error and lack of knowledge of the matter. Club appointed representatives were briefed at length by VicRoads , VicPol etc and have a good handle on requirements although there are some clubs that have been working outside of the guidelines, but that is all about to end.
Greg.
When you turn your car on, does it return the favour?

Mr Morlock
Speed Racer

Postby Mr Morlock » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:32 am

I think I covered all the main points related to an MX5 and the CPS and hopefully no errors. The best sources for the scheme is VicRoads and probably AOMC for an overview. The poster will need to check prospective clubs and that of course can include MX5 Vic .

Oldfart_mx5
Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Oldfart_mx5 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:07 pm

Thank you all for your advice and knowledge. I quite simply love the mx5 I have and spend as much time in it as under it. It is stock except for body braceing and I just want to use it in the weekends to enjoy our state and roads. I do have it almost ready but thought this a great forum, as it has been, to learn what is needed and what clubs offer.
Thank you all again.
Cheers Raph

93_Clubman
Speed Racer

Postby 93_Clubman » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Mr Morlock wrote:vehicles must go through a Licensed Vehicle Tester and it must be 25 years or older for CPS i.e. look at the build date.

Mr Morlock wrote:hopefully no errors.

You can always rely on us to let you know! :mrgreen:
You forgot to include newer replicas of vehicles 25 years or older, but of course, some might consider replicas even less sound than modified vehicles.

And, if your vehicle is fitted with an Australian compliance plate, the plate date is the date of manufacture. However if your vehicle is fitted with an import compliance plate or has no compliance plate, then the date of manufacture is determined by a manufactures build plate.

Btw, hadn't looked at the Vicroads list of approved clubs for a few years, & was pleased to see it has increased & diversified - with clubs such as:
The Bastard Squad Inc;
Suck Squeeze Bang Blow Inc; &
Knuckledraggers Inc.
These were just three of many that sound like they might be having fun!

Mr Morlock
Speed Racer

Postby Mr Morlock » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:48 pm

93 what I stated was correct ie about 25 years or older rule being applicable. You have referred to further explanatory comments related to that tenet. Insofar as rReplicas and Veterans and hot rods etc there are all sorts of variations on what is acceptable and what's not. The poster asked about an MX5 which one would expects to be under the Classic and Historic category. I also referred the poster to VicRoads and AOMC for more reading . VicRoads have removed some Clubs from the Scheme.

93_Clubman
Speed Racer

Postby 93_Clubman » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Mr Morlock wrote:Vintage vehicles

Mr Morlock wrote:the CPS

Funny, thought you mentioned Vintage vehicles & the CPS, not just the 25 year rule. Oh look, you did! :mrgreen:

Alf
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby Alf » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:17 pm

93_Clubman wrote:Suck Squeeze Bang Blow Inc; &

What a delightful description of a four stroke internal combustion engine's cycle.
2015 ND MT GT Crystal White Pearl Mica (pic to come)

meanmx
Racing Driver

Postby meanmx » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:55 am

We are going through a refurbishment of our club reg scheme at the moment and the website will be updated soon. If you want more details contact us at Mazda Car Club of Australia and we'll be happy to walk you through the process.
2014 VW Mk7 Golf R
2001 Black NB8B viewtopic.php?f=57&t=58136
1986 Mazda Luce Royal Classic (13BT Mazda 929)

Return to “Victoria/Tasmania”