Adelaiders - Okibi is coming to town, time for a run!!!

South Australian and Nothern Territory Events

Moderators: Andrew, miata

Lucky_Luke
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NC

Re:

Postby Lucky_Luke » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:13 am

Okibi wrote:
redshoes wrote:..Okibi couldn't remember the name of the company in Wingfield :shock: ...

154-196 Cormack Rd Wingfield SA 5013
:mrgreen:

Want to make sure i'm there by 4pm so there's no dramas with dropping off the car, or if they decide to knock off early on a Friday or so I don't have to start to dodge everyone driving home from work.

Its all good, thanks redshoes..

Its not the one accross from me i'm just on the other side of south road so its with in a km of me!

As for my dads car... I havent asked him yet but .. i wont count my chickens yet.. fingers Xed!

How come you aren't driving back to perth okibi..
You couldnt miss out on the.. 'The Great Nullabor Road' could you! :shock:

L.

redshoes

Postby redshoes » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi guys, all is looking good. I won't keep posting here until I have more news so keep checking this thread, okay? As mentioned I'll do a test drive on Sat morning 29th so will probably post more info after that unless something else comes up. I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you, will be great fun and glad we can show Okibi some SA hospitality!! :mrgreen:

spitty

Okibi,s visitation

Postby spitty » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:42 pm

Hi Gail My car has some serious vibrations at varying speeds . The rear shocks may be on the way out so i,m hoping to get some more and fit them before the DO,otherwise its the old Camry. :roll: :roll:

watch this space i guess :?: John

redshoes

Re: Okibi,s visitation

Postby redshoes » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:46 pm

spitty wrote:Hi Gail My car has some serious vibrations at varying speeds . The rear shocks may be on the way out so i,m hoping to get some more and fit them before the DO,otherwise its the old Camry. :roll: :roll:

I promise I'll beat anyone around the ears if they give you grief for coming in the Camry :evil: :mrgreen: But good luck fixing your baby.

Hey, you heading up the river this Easter? I remember you did last year when I was on a houseboat out of Mannum!

MonSqueek

Postby MonSqueek » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Yay for you SA guys getting organised ! 3 Cheers for Gail!

*wish I could come too!*

spitty

Re: Okibi,s visitation

Postby spitty » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:07 pm

[ Well thanks Gail. Yep going to visit the inlaws in Renmark. 1 night with them and 1 night in the hotel over looking the river . May even visit some wineries :D :D I am more than happy to have a "dodgy day " at my home as soon as i can get my son to move a woodworking bench, an uncompleted grandfather clock case and a whole lot of tools . I will work on him as i have more than a few jobs to do on my car Have a safe weekend folks cHEERS jOHNquote="redshoes"]
spitty wrote:Hi Gail My car has some serious vibrations at varying speeds . The rear shocks may be on the way out so i,m hoping to get some more and fit them before the DO,otherwise its the old Camry. :roll: :roll:

I promise I'll beat anyone around the ears if they give you grief for coming in the Camry :evil: :mrgreen: But good luck fixing your baby.

Hey, you heading up the river this Easter? I remember you did last year when I was on a houseboat out of Mannum![/quote]

Okibi
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby Okibi » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:16 pm

Looking forward to it.

May not have a ninjanet connection until im in Melbourne but i'll give update and keep in contact once there.
If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.

Adam_NAclubman
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby Adam_NAclubman » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:47 am

I think I'll be stuck working that night, its one of the other guys from work's 21st that night, so everyone else will be at his party and I'll have to work

redshoes

Re:

Postby redshoes » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Adam_NAclubman wrote:I think I'll be stuck working that night, its one of the other guys from work's 21st that night, so everyone else will be at his party and I'll have to work

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :( :( :( You can'twork, you have to comeout and play with all of us! ...or if you are working that night can you come and do the little Loebethal run in the afternoon?? 8) :D

Okibi
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby Okibi » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:46 pm

My car drank a lot of oil chaising Sam, Juffa and Al up the Vic mountains.

Think the valve stem seals are r00ted.

It should be fine for the rest of my trip and i'll keep everyone updated. It might mean that we should scrap the Murray Bridge run and just drop her off at the depot then go out from there.

So far everyone in S.A. have been so welcoming and friendly, looking forward to returning to Adelaide.

:mrgreen:
If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:27 pm

well, we do have stores here that sell oil you know.. even if it is Adelaide.

:roll:

spitty

Okibi

Postby spitty » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:55 pm

I drove a mini Moke from Adelaide to Roxby Downs , Some 600/700 K/s and used 9 litres of oil. What,s your problem??????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look forward to meeting you John

Adam_NAclubman
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby Adam_NAclubman » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Hmm.... I'll see about getting the afternoon off my day job

redshoes

Postby redshoes » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:20 pm

Glad you're having fun Dave! Stay in touch about the Friday afternoon drive. I'll still go do the test run on Saturday morning and check out times, etc. Will PM you with info.

Guys, will stay in touch with you all too, good fun!! :mrgreen:

redshoes

Postby redshoes » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:51 am

Hi guys,
I think I'd best make a dinner booking for the Bath Hotel for Friday night 04 April. Figured for 7.00pm if that sounds good to everyone? That would give us time for maybe a brief Hills run before, if Dave wants one (it's all about Dave of course!!)

Can you please let me know whether you are a yes or a no and how many people (in case any of you are bringing your navigators along...!). If I've missed anyone please just add your name and number to the list!

1. Gail 1
2. Dave
3.SuperMazdaKart
4.RandyMX5
5.AdamNAClubman
6.Spitty
7.Jaxom_2
8.LuckyLuke

Looking forward to it and to meeting all of you! :mrgreen:

Return to “South Australia/NT”