Adelaiders - Okibi is coming to town, time for a run!!!

South Australian and Nothern Territory Events

Moderators: Andrew, miata

redshoes

Re:

Postby redshoes » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:43 pm

AJ wrote:
bark wrote:What name will the table be under? I would like to try to get the Bath Hotel to meet the other Adelaideans also!

Ben

Redshoes :lol: :lol: :P :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: Using my non-superhero name: Gail !!
Are you coming on the drive with us Ben?

bark
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6 - Turbo

Postby bark » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:52 pm

Thanks! :)

I'm unsure at this stage as I have prior commitments which aren't quite finalised as yet...

redshoes

Postby redshoes » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Well, if you aren't on the run we'll see you at The Bath Hotel on The Parade in Norwood, dinner at 7pm (ish!).

Okibi
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby Okibi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:51 am

Departing sunny Melbourne today so should make it to Adelaide without a worry. Fingers crossed.

Going to take my time and stop often for photos along the GOR.

If I can't get online when I hit Adelaide i'll call RedShoes and let her know everything is still on track.

Looking forward to it. :mrgreen:
If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.

redshoes

Postby redshoes » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:50 pm

And we're all looking forward to meeting with you on Friday - only 2 more sleeps!! :mrgreen:

Although as it gets closer I must admit that I'm starting to feel a bit intimidated at the thought of chauffering Okibi around in my 5 :shock: Please be gentle with me... :?

Hot Rodders
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Re:

Postby Hot Rodders » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:28 pm

Okibi wrote:Departing sunny Melbourne today so should make it to Adelaide without a worry. Fingers crossed.

Going to take my time and stop often for photos along the GOR.

If I can't get online when I hit Adelaide i'll call RedShoes and let her know everything is still on track.

Looking forward to it. :mrgreen:

:shock: Sunny Melbourne???? Over cast and STRONG WINDS! Take it easy Dave and I hope the weather improves. We enjoyed your company and we hope you enjoyed your time with us here in Vic.
Red Shoes, we hand Okibi over to you, be gentle with him and I'm sure the S.A. mob will show him the same hospitality that we did here in Vic.
Cheers!
HR
Evo, Its not a Dirty Word! Good As Gold.
President Bendigo Gliding Club
www.bendigogliding.org.au

redshoes

Postby redshoes » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:29 pm

Hi HR, the SA team are cogniscent of the responsibility bestowed upon them, and the privilege with it.

We hereby do solemnly swear to uphold the Code of the 5 and to show Okibi as good a time as we possibly can considering you've only given him to us for 1 night.... :roll: :lol:

Mind you, I was thinking about whether we should be taking him to the Pie Cart for a pie floater... every SA visitor should have to have one (and only one, as far as I am concerned *blechhhh*) So guys, what do you reckon? Is he up to it...? 8)

AJ
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Re:

Postby AJ » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:45 pm

redshoes wrote:Hi HR, the SA team are cogniscent of the responsibility bestowed upon them, and the privilege with it.

We hereby do solemnly swear to uphold the Code of the 5 and to show Okibi as good a time as we possibly can considering you've only given him to us for 1 night.... :roll: :lol:

:shock: :? :lol:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often
XMX5 Rogues

bark
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6 - Turbo

Postby bark » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Gail I'm afraid I've been scratched from the dinner due to a double booking... However I'm still keen for a quick meet and greet at 5:30pm or just beforehand if possible with those who are going for a squirt??

If not, when is the next Adelaide get together (if there are regular meets)?

redshoes

Postby redshoes » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:13 pm

Hi Bark, So sorry to hear you aren't able to join us for dinner. It was the threat of the pie floater wasn't it??!! :? :D

We are meeting at the car park of the Feathers Hotel on the corner of Glynburn Rd and Greenhill Rd at 5:30pm to take our drive.

As far as regular get togethers are concerned, this is the first time I'll have met the guys but I think they know each other. If we decide to do something regularly or even manage to organise a Dodgy Day we will certainly let you know!

Will look forward to catching up with you at the Feathers. I'll PM you my number in case your plans change and you can join us for dinner again!

Okibi
Speed Racer

Postby Okibi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:47 pm

Wow what a day ... talk about strong winds !

They created massive dust clouds and when it rained just after Torquay the drops were full of dust, I kept having to use the washer bottle to wash the dust off the windscreen (wish I had a JDM y0 one like Fatty).

It took about 45 mins for the rain to start containing enough water to wash the dust away.

The great Ocean road is soooo much fun in the wet!!!

Fuggin WRX, Merc and Porka drivers ... GET OOT OF MA WAYY !

Managed to do some dodgy overtaking in the rain because some pricks don't understand that you're meant to pull over and let hoons past.

Tried to get photos of the 12 apostles but it was raining and i think I just got photos of rain on my lens.

Made it to Warrnambool but had to mess about for an hour because the town was out of power so could get fuel/dinner/check in to a motel.

The roads were wild .. covered in braches and leaves, lost count of the number of trees across half of the road. There was a 50 meter section where a bank had collapsed and taken all the trees with it.

Scary coming head on with a group of cars because their side of the road was covered in bits of trees.

Saw a truck that had managed to flip over in the wet/wind.
If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.

ronin_mx5

Postby ronin_mx5 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi,

Keep me informed of any other meets, always up for a cruise!
won't be able to make this one though

Okibi
Speed Racer

Postby Okibi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:55 pm

Check the video from this page, you can see the dust clouds

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23471857-2,00.html

Hot Rodders
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby Hot Rodders » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:49 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: Glad you are OK Okibi, hopefully the rest of your trip goes without any problems!
Evo, Its not a Dirty Word! Good As Gold.
President Bendigo Gliding Club
www.bendigogliding.org.au

redshoes

Re:

Postby redshoes » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:29 am

ronin_mx5 wrote:Hi,

Keep me informed of any other meets, always up for a cruise!
won't be able to make this one though

Hi Ronin, sorry you can't join us tonight but will put you on the Adelaide List for future fun and frolics! :mrgreen:

Return to “South Australia/NT”