[SA] - Dodgy Day?

South Australian and Nothern Territory Events

Moderators: Andrew, miata

bark
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6 - Turbo

Postby bark » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:15 pm

1red5, I tried using a step colder plugs tonight with a gap of 27 thou but no improvement...

I am going to check the MSPNP settings to see if 'overboost' protection is active as this can cause the engine to cut out when it gets near 8 psi - but without a boost gauge I'm unsure if I'm even reaching 8 psi! Oh the fun I'm having right now!!! :roll:

spitty

dodgy day

Postby spitty » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:00 pm

I would be interested ... i spose i could show you how to take out and refit a cooling pro radiator :lol: :lol: I do have a decent shed but no pit ,only ramps. Shed wont be available for 2/3 weeks as its covered in wood dust and shavings. Plenty of offroad parking for 4/5 cars.

John

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:30 pm

might not be able to get it back in..

don't spose you have a home made hardtop hoist that can lift a car? 8)

Steampunk
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Re:

Postby Steampunk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:07 pm

bark wrote:1red5, I tried using a step colder plugs tonight with a gap of 27 thou but no improvement...

I am going to check the MSPNP settings to see if 'overboost' protection is active as this can cause the engine to cut out when it gets near 8 psi - but without a boost gauge I'm unsure if I'm even reaching 8 psi! Oh the fun I'm having right now!!! :roll:

Hmmm... so when you say "miss" does it feel like an overboost cut/rev-limit thing? As in it's VERY noticeable?
Or more like a flat-spot?
Does your datalog tell any story?

spitty

Re:

Postby spitty » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:21 pm

SuperMazdaKart wrote:might not be able to get it back in..

don't spose you have a home made hardtop hoist that can lift a car? 8)

You are a funny man Vu :lol: :lol: I do as a matter of fact , [have a hardtop hoist] pt 2 we could try

bark
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6 - Turbo

Postby bark » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:57 pm

1red5 can we discuss this further in this thread http://www.aus-cartalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=29602&start=30 - Sorry to hijack Vu and other Adelaideans!!

redshoes

Re: dodgy day

Postby redshoes » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:49 pm

Jaxom_2 wrote:Gail, I happen to have a "spare", still in the box, brand new chrome filler lid, MX5MANIA sent two (and billed me for 2) when I ordered mine. I also have 2 wheels you can use when you get your rims sorted out. I need to have the gutter rash fixed on two rims as well.

I am unsure if I will be able to get to many dodgy days due to shift work, but given enough notice I should be able to swap.

Mike

Cool Mike, PM me please and we'll work out finances, etc! That's great!!

Adam_NAclubman
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby Adam_NAclubman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:21 pm

I'll be looking after dads house in August, long driveway and a fullsize pit with lighting. However I havent used the pit for about 5 years so I assume it has a foot of water in it again. Which is fine if I can find a half decent fountain style pump that I can lower in to get the water out first.

Also have access to most tools, good bbq etc. But yeah, it's dependant on getting whatever water has seeped in to the pit out, but since it's been very dry lately it might not be so bad. Also dependant on me being able to get the race cars to start and moving them out of the way, though I may be able to push one forwards if I can move a heap of engines, boxes and diffs. I'll see what I can do.

NMX516
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SP

Postby NMX516 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:59 pm

bark, sounds like your O2 sensor. Common problem with NA6's, coughing and farting around 3000 - 4000rpm...

As you were folks :)
Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:00 am

hey that'd be awesome Adam!

which area is this? keep us up to date with that. if you want some help to tidy the area i'm available. a few buckets isn't much of an issue :)

a long driveway full of 5's (& maybe one 323 hatch...) would look awesome. & if your brother calls any of us gay we'll all gang up on him!

Adam_NAclubman
Racing Driver

Re:

Postby Adam_NAclubman » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:52 am

SuperMazdaKart wrote:hey that'd be awesome Adam!

which area is this? keep us up to date with that. if you want some help to tidy the area i'm available. a few buckets isn't much of an issue :)

a long driveway full of 5's (& maybe one 323 hatch...) would look awesome. & if your brother calls any of us gay we'll all gang up on him!

You don't want to do that, he'd kill for a bunch of guys to gang up on him :lol:

Magill

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:23 am

send the women after him, that'll scare him

Adam_NAclubman
Racing Driver

Postby Adam_NAclubman » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:41 pm

I checked the pit today, no water :)

Just need to move a heap of furniture which has conveniently been stacked across the front of the shed :roll:

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:38 pm

safe enough to sit on or is it a bed for wildlife..

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver

[SA] - Dodgy Day?

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:00 pm

any new details Adam?

is this location gonna be a goer?

edit:

hrmm looks like it won't be a goer. another location will be needed if people still want this to happen?

Return to “South Australia/NT”