Sundy 14th September - BOYRCR visits

South Australian and Nothern Territory Events

Moderators: Andrew, miata

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:00 am

the one above in the map is Adelaide Shores & is technically north of Glenelg North.. (though Brighton is in the opposite direction going south) but i'm pretty sure it's the only caravan park around there (there wouldn't be two caravan parks near each other). it's across the road from the Adelaide Shores golf course (& theres tennis courts nearby). it's in the council area of Charles Sturt.

ah well, if it turns out to be the wrong one, you can meet us all there anyway :) or just book into that one instead. http://www.adelaideshores.com.au

BOYRCR
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby BOYRCR » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:25 am

I will keep that one in mind if we don't get into the other one. I am sure we can find it if we don't end up staying there.
If it aint on the rev limiter then you shouldn't be behind the wheel!

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:54 am

uh-oh, this must be the one you mean http://www.brightoncaravanpark.com.au/sites.htm

hrmm..

BOYRCR
Fast Driver

Postby BOYRCR » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:21 pm

Adelaide shores looks heaps better. I think we will try and get into this one, as brighton wouldnt let us pre book because it was to much hassle when we rang.

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:42 pm

lol,

too much hassle? they sure know how to run their business. you can even book online for Adelaide Shores..

probably better anyway, the prices don't seem all that much different but A.S has the golf & mini golf course, tennis courts, skate board & BMX parks etc.

spitty

Postby spitty » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi Vu. Sorry mate ,,i wont be able to make it on Sunday. We have a deadline with some minor renovations and every weekend is a bit valuable time wise at the moment. If by some chance Sunday is ok i may be there for the food :oops: :oops: . have a great day everyone,,, sorry i wont make it to meet Brett and his "beast" :lol:

Cheers John

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Oh thats a shame. So it's now one person less.

BOYRCR - Brett & mate
Adam_NAclubman - Adam (if no car problems)
Jaxom_2 - Michael
Mundi - Christian & Claire
randymx5 - Randall
SuperMazdaKart - Vu (I think so)
XPOSED - Mike

Unfortunately not attending:
Allen Weber & Dianne Weber
emeseey - Lochie
redshoes - Gail
spitty - John (maybe will arrive for the lunch).

Was hoping for more attendees.. Theres more people subscribed to the mailing list. & only you peeps have responded. Ah well, I tried.

redshoes

Postby redshoes » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:17 pm

You are a star for organizing Vu. :) Thanks for all the work, I know how much it takes! I'm still finger crossing for a morning hello, will see how things go. Cheers, Gail

BOYRCR
Fast Driver

Postby BOYRCR » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:28 am

Vu,
I am stoked that you have gone to the trouble. At best I was hopeing to tag along on a pre-organised club run. I cant believe you have gone to so much trouble for someone you have never met. I am finding the more time I spend around people with MX5's the more shocked I am by the kindness and generosity of people that go topless. This is one of the reasons why I hope I never have to sell my 5.

Thanks again,
Brett

Jaxom_2
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8B - Turbo

Postby Jaxom_2 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:17 pm

You have done a great job organising the run/lunch Vu!
Now if i could just follow BOYRCR on the trip I may be able to pickup a few of the excess kw's pouring outta his zorst.
2002 with a Kraftwerks C30-74 Rotrex Kit zooom frick'n zooom

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:29 pm

Your car could be like a secondary EGR to his Jaxom lol. & if it rains just a bit, I might have a chance of being able to keep up too :) though assuming Brett doesn't know his way there, he shouldn't be too far ahead... right??

& Brett your no stranger, just an MX-5er we havn't met yet :)

The SA section doesn't get up to much in comparison to some of the other states, we are trying to change that around but it will always be dependant on people actually coming out. Not speaking about here but just about any SA car forum organising a cruise, in general they may say they'll go but on the day won't turn up (or the night before, theres a rush of people on the net posting an apology that somethings come up & they can't go..). Who wants to organise a social day when likely only 2 or 3 people or none actually turn up? (Yes it has happened in the past).

I've seen it all the time. On SuburbanStreets, BoostCruising, CruisingSA, OzMazda/Club etc. I've pretty much just said screw them, focus my attention on MX5cartalk since things are slowly changing :) Looks like a decent number of people will turn out to this one though.

Hows the plans looking Gail? likely you'll be able to say hi? if your still around when we're leaving you could take some photos of the cars as we're heading out :)

spitty

Postby spitty » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:37 pm

Well now i feel guilty :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: or alternatively we could have a working bee at my home and paint and repair roof,s[????} and move furniture and repair wallsand carry fire places. I,m tired already,,,,might have to go out for lunch on Sunday. :?: :idea: :lol: :lol:

John

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:46 pm

lol, not having a go at you. people do genuinely have a life to get on with outside of MX5s (ok well some don't) & you have been out with us on runs before anyway.

it's when it's always the same people that never come along :?

redshoes

Postby redshoes » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:04 pm

SuperMazdaKart wrote:
Hows the plans looking Gail? likely you'll be able to say hi? if your still around when we're leaving you could take some photos of the cars as we're heading out :)

You KNOW I'm gonna do my damndest to be there to see you all off. And be sad that I'm not coming along. I have never been to the start point but I bought a Navman for a good reason! :mrgreen:

Adam_NAclubman
Racing Driver

Postby Adam_NAclubman » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:07 pm

GAHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Work changed the frigging roster so instead of Thursday night and Sunday night I now have Wed, Thurs, Friday nights and Sunday day, and I have two assignments due early next week so even if I swap Sunday day for night I can't really spare the time.

%$$&^^^&$%^#^%%^$#$%#%^R&UIO()&)(*(&**(&^&*^&%%^#$%#$%#$&^^&*)&(&*^&^$%$%#$%&*(&*&%%^%$^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “South Australia/NT”