MX5 Cruise...??

South Australian and Nothern Territory Events

Moderators: Andrew, miata

Lolo

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby Lolo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi all,

I'm new and Ive just purchased my first MX5...

I get her on Saturday (hopefully) and was going to drive her Sunday maybe up to Victor, maybe the hills to Strath...

Hoping the weathers good for an early morning sprint..

Does anyone in SA do cruises anymore?

I'm just a girl racer who enjoys just getting in her car for a drive...no particular reason but to enjoy!! :P

Lo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Okibi
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby Okibi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:38 pm

Yup, got a great collection of South Australian's on this forum.

Perhaps message Redshoes or SuperMazdaKart, they seem to be good at gathering everyone for a cruise.

Congrats on the new car.
If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.

redshoes

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby redshoes » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi Lolo welcome to the forum and to 5 ownership - we are all very happy campers :mrgreen: ! Yes we do go on drives sometimes but haven't done for a while now. I'm heading overseas on Sunday so can't join in. I'm back in early January so would be happy to catch up then! I look forward to meeting you and your new 5!
Cheers,
Gail

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:47 am

Heya Lolo, welcome aboard. Perhaps make an introduction thread in the General Chat section since hardly anyone checks this SA section regularly.

There has been some cruising but with the holiday Xmas season the next one won't be for a bit I assume. I have posted details of cruises from other groups but no-one here goes to them (except me) since everyone tends to just hangout with the MX-5'ers only.

I might have to give you one of these, just for the racer girls lol

redshoes

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby redshoes » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:23 am

Hey Vu!! You never gave ME one of those stickers! :shock: :cry: Perhaps a swap can be arranged for when you collect your hat... 8) Seriously though, I'm heading off on Sunday but back to work on 5 Jan so we should make a plan to catch up so I can hand the hat over!

Noodle
Driver
Vehicle: NA8

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby Noodle » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:51 am

I'd be keen for a cruise ! Love finding excuses to drive the 5.

Lolo

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby Lolo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:15 am

Noodle wrote:I'd be keen for a cruise ! Love finding excuses to drive the 5.

Sweet!

Well let's see if we can get anyone else up for it...I'm still braking her in a little..adn getting used to her but I know I wont have any troubles...

but where's good? VH? Strath?

AM early osund good???

oh boy I cant wait to pick her up!!!

Lo

Lolo

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby Lolo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:18 am

SuperMazdaKart wrote:Heya Lolo, welcome aboard. Perhaps make an introduction thread in the General Chat section since hardly anyone checks this SA section regularly.

There has been some cruising but with the holiday Xmas season the next one won't be for a bit I assume. I have posted details of cruises from other groups but no-one here goes to them (except me) since everyone tends to just hangout with the MX-5'ers only.

I might have to give you one of these, just for the racer girls lol

I love the sticker..not that I'd put it on my new girl but...very cute!!
:)

randymx5
Fast Driver

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby randymx5 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:25 am

Welcome Lolo

Keep us in the loop guys.........Not sure what ive planned for the weekend tho.

Redshoes you lead a busy life hey.
R&ALL

RED 1990 MX5, AVO stage II, 148.5rwKw

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:01 pm

Our last cruise was to Victor Harbor hehe. Turned out rather good that day, I wasn't at the back as usual either :D

Interestingly enough, AstinaGT forums are having a cruise to VH on saturday evening if your interested to know, anyones welcome as long as they aren't idiots. An OzMazda.com treasure hunt cruise is in the works too.

redshoes, the hat I can get at the next meet, I won't need it till about mid year 09 lol so plenty of time :) if theres enough girl drivers that join up that want the sticker I might have some made up for a giggle. Maybe have a Snoopy version for the boys? :lol:

Lolo

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby Lolo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:14 pm

SuperMazdaKart wrote:Our last cruise was to Victor Harbor hehe. Turned out rather good that day, I wasn't at the back as usual either :D

Interestingly enough, AstinaGT forums are having a cruise to VH on saturday evening if your interested to know, anyones welcome as long as they aren't idiots. An OzMazda.com treasure hunt cruise is in the works too.

redshoes, the hat I can get at the next meet, I won't need it till about mid year 09 lol so plenty of time :) if theres enough girl drivers that join up that want the sticker I might have some made up for a giggle. Maybe have a Snoopy version for the boys? :lol:

Yea I read that one on Sat thanks though! I've got my nieces 3rd b'day party however so I'll be too high on red cordial and fairy bread to make that one I'm afraid lol :D

Glad there's a bit of interest though. I've been back from the UK for nearly 6ths now and without my car can you believe...so just desperate to get behind the wheel again...and again and again...
Last edited by Lolo on Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noodle
Driver
Vehicle: NA8

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby Noodle » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:07 pm

SuperMazdaKart wrote:

Ah damn, I'll still be in Melbourne on Saturday. Let's get another one in the works... Maybe a xmas lights cruise to Lobethal ?

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:12 pm

Haha, well theres another cruise on the 20th which I'm going on. Someones gotta represent the Mazdas.

Organised by Not Just Brakes/Just Streets Performance of Edwardstown. A mate of mine from primary school bought the business not all that long ago after being an employee for a long while.

Lolo

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby Lolo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Superb - I'll be up for xmas lights drive to Lobethal for sure..

I'll still be up early and going for a cracker of a cruise this Sunday though - shame to miss out on the Sat arvo one I know...

Make sure to wave if you end up out and about and 'zoom' past me :lol: (or me 'zoom zoom' past you ha ha)

lo

SuperMazdaKart
Racing Driver

MX5 Cruise...??

Postby SuperMazdaKart » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:58 pm

Thought I'd mention theres a Xmas Cruise being organised by Hardtuned.net for Fri 12th Dec. Think I might go, to the meetup anyway & see whats what, & hey it's for charity! Not an MX-5 specific event but we can just chat among ourselves & browse around.

Might have a chance of winning toughest street car? will see if my little alterations will be enough to convince the judges :D

"Date: Friday, 12th December 2008
Meet: ETSA Park carpark on Railway Tce, Mile End
Time: 8:30pm

ALL WELCOME!

PRIZES

Hardtuned.net will be giving away a bottle of Castrol oil to the following:-
"Best Paint" - nice, shiny paint that has been well looked after - Judged by Johnny JSPEC
"Best Wheels" - good fitment and suits the car well - Judged by Benny Mack
"Toughest Street Car" - explains itself - Judged by Nicko

There will also be Castrol gift bags handed out.

CHARITY

Being Christmas time, we want to remember those families who are less fortunate. Again this year, we'll be accepting soft toys or gold coin donations from members who have the money or want to contribute - its not compulsory."

Return to “South Australia/NT”