WRX Club @ Phillip Island 17.11.2012

Victorian and Tasmanian Motorsport

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, miata, bensale

rascal
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Re: WRX Club @ Phillip Island 17.11.2012

Postby rascal » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Eunos Roadster wrote:May I just say a big thank you to anyone involved for a great day!

Even though I missed out two stints due to the PA not working and a WRX deciding to move a tire barrier that couldn't be fixed till 5 I had good time.

A since I was talking to two other newbies may I suggest that next time maybe a fee of the more seasoned track people take us under thier wing and either take one of ills out in tier car or join us in oursto show us the ropes and such?
Also no one told us about the passenger lap and the need to sign up for that as that would have been a terrific opportunity to learn about the track....

E R,

Our track days are usually with AROCA, and at the driver's briefing Neil will announce that anyone that wants an instructor to show them around stay behind after briefing and he'll allocate one.
Or you can just approach Daniel White (Club Captain) and he can tee up one of the more experienced guys to either take you around, or ride shotgun in your car.

Eunos Roadster
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Eunos Roadster » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Who are you referring to when you say our? And what is AROCA? I thought I did talk do Daniel(Red Na #124)?
Best regards

Marty

VIC MX5 Club #1912 est. 2012

1991 NA Eunos Roadster Low Budget "Racer"
1989 NA Eunos Roadster BRG Family Resto Project

rascal
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby rascal » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 pm

sorry, 'our' meaning Vic/Tas MX5 club.. I used a bit of poetic licence seeing as was posted in Vic/Tas sub-forum.
I wouldnt get away with using 'our' in the main pages..

AROCA is Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Australia, who Vic MX5 club predominantly runs with.

davekmoore
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby davekmoore » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Eunos Roadster wrote:May I just say a big thank you to anyone involved for a great day!

Even though I missed out two stints due to the PA not working and a WRX deciding to move a tire barrier that couldn't be fixed till 5 I had good time.

A since I was talking to two other newbies may I suggest that next time maybe a fee of the more seasoned track people take us under thier wing and either take one of ills out in tier car or join us in oursto show us the ropes and such?
Also no one told us about the passenger lap and the need to sign up for that as that would have been a terrific opportunity to learn about the track....

Which car were you in?
UK since return: Standard NC2 (horrid), C200K, ND2 BBR, NC2 BBR200 (loved it), NC BBR300 (better than BARMY), V-Special, turbo NB8B (my 84th car)

Return to “Victoria/Tasmania”