INTER CLUB CHALLENGE - WINTON

Victorian and Tasmanian Motorsport

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, miata, bensale

jezman
Racing Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

INTER CLUB CHALLENGE - WINTON

Postby jezman » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:58 am

I'm surprised, it's Wednesday and no Victorian is crowing about their fine victory Saturday at Winton !!!

I'll take this opportunity to say thanks for a great day's sport, loved the track on my first visit, (especially the Gantry) :D
Organisation was first class, the day ran very smoothly with a fabulous joint effort between the States.

Everyone was very friendly and the local instructors resisted the temptation to send us visitors astray .........................

Congratulations to the Victorian guys, but watch out next year :wink:
Thanks again.
Wakefield. SMSP GP: SMSP South: SMSP North: SMSP Brabham: Baskerville: MX5 heaven ! Symmons Plains: Winton: Sandown. Phillip Island (wow)

rascal
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Re: INTER CLUB CHALLENGE - WINTON

Postby rascal » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:08 pm

We prefer to be quiet achievers.... :lol:

Was a great day. I think enjoyed by all. The weather gods were kind to us, and everyone got lots of track time.
Congrats to NSW club for running the event very well, given it was their first event at Winton. Good job..

Guran
Speed Racer
Vehicle: ND - 1.5

Postby Guran » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:07 pm

Considering that many of the NSW "A-team" were competing at Bathurst on the same day, I think it was super impressive that we made such a close contest of it ... 113 to 94. Will the SNC class records now record a NSW driver? ;)

http://nsw.mx5.com.au/news/2016-interst ... on-raceway
Standard 2006 NC - YouTube
WP 1:11.89 | SMP-S 1:05.90 GP 1:54.93 N 1:18.09 L 2:22.49 | PW 1:02.52
PI 2:00.55 | W-S 1:12.44 W-L 1:43.36 | SR 1:33.25

Randy
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby Randy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Hmmmmm........a bit of sour grapes by our northern cousins. I guess you can't always have it your way like you think you should.

Hate to say this but even with your A Team drivers the result wouldn't be any different. No one was going to catch Paul or Russell.....which is against whom your A Team would have been up against. As for bizarre rules now it's known how we feel when we have to follow your bizarre rules.

All in all it was a brilliant weekend and very well run. I take my hat off to David and his crew for a fantastic effort at a foreign track for them. I'm sure everyone enjoyed their day.

Looking forward to SMSP and doing everything the way you guys do without any complaint.
Form is temporary.Class is permanent.

CeramicND
Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2

Postby CeramicND » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Fantastic day. Really enjoyed the experience. I felt that Winton is a little more technical than Wakefield (the only other track I have dríven) and would take a few visits to get a true feel for the track. As usual, David and the team ran a smooth day. I would definitely attend another day there (even with the long drive).
My suggestion for the next interstate challenge - Circuit Italia (20 minutes drive for me).

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Eibach Springs, Racing Beat Sport/Race Muffler, Shorai/Arrows Battery Kit, Nielex Knuckle Supports, Advanti 17 x 7 S2's, Hankook 215/45/17 RS3's.

StillIC
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby StillIC » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:32 pm

CeramicND wrote:My suggestion for the next interstate challenge - Circuit Italia (20 minutes drive for me).
Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I'm on board with this sentiment...although it will take me an extra 5 minutes of driving to get there.
WP:1.12.492 SMPN:1.16.403 SMPS:1.05.473 SMPGP:1.53.256 SMPB:2.22.181

Return to “Victoria/Tasmania”