taminga16
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Mt Tarrengower Hill Climb 2020

Postby taminga16 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:17 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT
Mt Tarrengower Hill Climb 2020 Update
28/07/2020
To all officials, competitors, sponsors, suppliers, spectators and other interested parties.
As you are all aware that we are experiencing some very challenging times at the moment with most other events being cancelled. It is with the safety concerns of everyone involved in the Mt Tarrengower Hill Climb that through the committee and other interested parties we have decided to cancel this year’s event.
It would be near impossible to maintain social distancing with the competitors, officials and the spectators following the regulations that need to be adhered to ensuring a safe environment for all.
Thank you everyone for your support and understanding to this decision being made.
It is very important to keep this event going into the future, considering it being a significant standalone event and a large contributor to the local economy.
Please note, all being well pencil in your diaries October 16th & 17th 2021 for the 92nd year of the event. We look forward to seeing you all there.
Stay safe and well.
Thank You from the Mt Tarrengower Hill Climb committee and the Bendigo Car Club
Regards Chris Hume
Chair Mt Tarrengower Hill Climb Committee / Event Director
humec22@gmail.com
0400 118 837
When you turn your car on, does it return the favour?

Mr Morlock
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8B

Re: Mt Tarrengower Hill Climb 2020

Postby Mr Morlock » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:59 pm

follows just about all car stuff and car clubs scrapping events / drives etc. Never been to Tarrrengower HC but keen on the area and would like to attend next year all thing going well.

taminga16
Speed Racer

Postby taminga16 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:43 pm

Mr Morlock wrote:follows just about all car stuff and car clubs scrapping events / drives etc. Never been to Tarrrengower HC but keen on the area and would like to attend next year all thing going well.

Sadly Maldon along with most regional towns have lost almost every event over the past months but we will be back and a visit is always worthwhile.
Greg.
FB. Maldon for information.

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby greenMachine » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:13 pm

Can't comment on this event, but NSW Supersprints have just been suspended for six weeks, as a result of NSW Health directive to cease (amongst others) State championships. They are trying to stop people moving around, regions to cities etc. I presume Club track days will be ok, but probably only at SMP not Wakefield Park.

NSW Club still running drives, but destinations now picnics and the like (eg no pub lunches) and numbers limited.

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

taminga16
Speed Racer

Postby taminga16 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:11 am

When we finally climb out of this torrid time if there are people interested in a trip to our beautiful old town I might organise a day out, we have two lovely pubs, a beautiful steam train, gold mining relics and a wealth of other stuff to see and do as well as the ability to allocate group parking.
Greg.

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby greenMachine » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:34 am

greenMachine wrote: I presume Club track days will be ok, but probably only at SMP not Wakefield Park.

Nope, September track day cancelled. :frown:

I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

Return to “Victoria/Tasmania”