MX-5 Cup Round 5

New South Wales and Canberra Motorsport

Moderators: Andrew, -alex, miata, Midori, Charlie Brown

mazmad
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NC

Re: MX-5 Cup Round 5

Postby mazmad » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:47 am

I just want to echo Cam / frog a lots comments.

The last couple of months I have raced 3 different series (4 if I include AASA TT) - FOSC, Cams Prod Sports and the MX5 Cup. And I can say that the driving standards overall are quite a bit higher in the Cup.

Some of the on-track behaviour I have seen at FOSC (in non-MX5 Cup categories), the 300, Prod Sports..... makes your eyes water.

chops
Fast Driver

Postby chops » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:20 am

I am very keen to join the cup next year, trailer was ordered yesterday!

I went down to the Saturday of the Nationals and was really impressed. Qualifying looked very busy, particularly for the quicker cars but the racing from what I could see all looked pretty clean up and down the field

trying to sort a cage by the end of the year, any suggestions for Sydney cage builders?

david_syd_au
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NC

Postby david_syd_au » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:17 am

greenMachine wrote:... see you in 2016 :wink:
:mrgreen:
That seals it! I will have to be there in 2016 too, so there is someone slow enough that you can chase :-P

chops wrote:trying to sort a cage by the end of the year, any suggestions for Sydney cage builders?
Mine was done by Phil at Street Neat Welding in Gosford. Not Sydney, but close. Mine was the 27th MX-5 roll cage he had done.
http://www.streetneatwelding.com.au/
2011 NC LE "Black Beauty" (ours) | 2006 NC race car "Shazza" (his) | 1998 JDM NB race car "OMG" (hers) | NC Trailer

forcedfive
Fast Driver
Vehicle: 10AE - Turbo

Postby forcedfive » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:53 pm

I know of one other car intending to do some rounds next year so it looks like there may be a few more cars to add to the field. I am sure Dennis will also struggle to keep himself away from the cup for too long wont you Dennis?
10AE
WP 1:04.7 SMSP GP 1:43.0 South 1:00.8 North 1:09.8

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby greenMachine » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:40 pm

david_syd_au wrote:
greenMachine wrote:... see you in 2016 :wink:
That seals it! I will have to be there in 2016 too, so there is someone slow enough that you can chase :-P

Game on!

Now, which sheep station are you offering up when you lose? Nothing second-rate I trust!

I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

mx5002
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby mx5002 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:43 pm

You never know. But it would take a Steven Bradbury moment for me to come within reach of the cup. Here's to timed classes!
GREEN ITB'd NB8B
SMSP south 1.04.30 SMSP GP 1:53:12 SMSP Brabham 2.21.11
Marulan 47.01
Wakefield 1.09.64 :D

MX5CupRacing
Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby MX5CupRacing » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:52 pm

MX-5 Cup Round 5 WRAP

Round 5 of the MX5 Cup has been run and won at Wakefield Park. 13 entrants lined up for qualifying, the recent blistering times continuing with half the field laying down laps in the 1:06s.

Chris White set the pace for the day, within a whisker of dropping into the 1:05s

Clean close racing as usual with no contact or major incidents to speak of. Some oil laid down coming into turn 10 in Race 1 had heart rates elevated as a bunch of racers became instant passengers. All regained their composure and continued on unscathed.

Battles continued throughout the field over the 4 races. There were plenty of opportunities to move up some positions and secure a good grid spot for the all-important Trophy Race.

Stuart McFadyen continues to find new lines to lower his lap times. His latest alternate way through turn 2 not for everyone but spectacular none the less.

Congratulations to Luke Otten for taking the Trophy Race Checkered Flag and Class wins for David Stone, Craig Durrant and Scott Walker.

Bit of a break before the final round at SMP on the 1st November. Plenty of time to prepare the Car’s for a final lunge at the Championship.

Return to “New South Wales/ACT”