NSW Supersprint round 5 - SMSP GP - 21st Aug 2016

New South Wales and Canberra Motorsport

Moderators: Andrew, -alex, miata, Midori, Charlie Brown

MX5_Club_of_NSW
Learner Driver
Vehicle: ND - Supercharged

NSW Supersprint round 5 - SMSP GP - 21st Aug 2016

Postby MX5_Club_of_NSW » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:29 pm

Entries have opened for the next NSW Supersprint at SMSP GP Circuit on Sunday 21st August, organised by the ARDC.

As Ed reported here (http://www.mx5cartalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=72506) the MX-5 Club drivers scored well at round 4, beating the ARDC at their home track, and bringing their lead in the championship back to only 30 points. With a good turnout at the next round we could take the lead and progress towards making it 3 club championships in a row.

Please get your entry in ASAP to avoid missing a spot.
https://ardconline.com.au/Account/Login?

If you are an MX-5 Club member who has registered for the 2016 NSW Supersprint Championship, look for the email from Ed with more details on the process we will use to try and obtain enough garages for all the interested club members.

This championship year has been challenging, particularly with the ARDC prioritising their members at the last 2 rounds. The best payback would be to beat them again at their home track and take the championship lead.

David Lawler
Competition Secretary, MX-5 Club of NSW
http://nsw.mx5.com.au

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: NSW Supersprint round 5 - SMSP GP - 21st Aug 2016

Postby greenMachine » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Three in a row sounds good to me, especially given the hoops we are having to jump through to get garaging.

Speaking of which ... we NEED a day 1 surge of entries to ensure we can get enough garages - that means we need your entry RIGHT NOW with a garage reservation! Tomorrow will be too late to get your garage reservation high enough up the chronological list to be assured of getting an offer (ie, there will be too many people on the list ahead of you). Any members also ARDC members, this also also applies to you in respect to the two garages you are able to reserve in addition to the one you can book. (If you aren't interested in a garage spot, this does not really apply to you.)

To put the task of getting enough garages in perspective, ARDC members a fortnight out from the last event had taken 36 of the 47 available garages, probably more before the remainder started to be offered to people on the reservation list. It was only due to a fortuitous set of events that we had the first seven entries lodged for that event, and therefore got the seven garages we needed.

Any registrants who have not got an email from me today, and who want to be part of the garage crowd, please let me know by PM.

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: NSW Supersprint round 5 - SMSP GP - 21st Aug 2016

Postby greenMachine » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:37 am

Ten entries/garage requests advised to me, so far - and we beat Bob's second email, and therefore hopefully the rush by other Clubs.

Well done those 10, fingers crossed that does the job for us and we get good positioning on the garage allocation list. Please keep them coming though.

We had 25 of the 45 Club registrants at the last round, can we top that for Rd 5?

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

Return to “New South Wales/ACT”