ABC story re Cressida police fine for noncompliant mods

New South Wales and Canberra Motorsport

Moderators: Andrew, -alex, miata, Midori, Charlie Brown

Wolfgang
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Re: ABC story re Cressida police fine for noncompliant mods

Postby Wolfgang » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:42 pm

So Mighty Car Mods host an event that provides people with a safe controlled environment off the street to test the limits of their cars, and police target it. Yet I've seen a police driving behind a car with no working brake lights, another person with a blantant disregard for road rules in front of police with no action taken. No wonder there is a lack of respect for police from some people. How about instead of targeting the event get involved, build up some rapport with the car community and they will be more likely to respect you and the road rules.

Rant over.

And yes, Benny should of trailered the Cresta to the event.

KevGoat
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby KevGoat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:38 pm

Years ago in SA the police built a drag racing car to compete at the street drags at Adelaide international raceway. They were a great mob and had a good time with everyone and showed respect for the work done on most of the cars. They would even give respectful advice on genuine defect items and would sometimes help out on how to get stuff engineered and/or passed. Was probably the best time in SA for low street drags and hooning as it became known the place to go instead of on the streets (though no matter what, there's always some wankers around). During that time even among the wider police community there seemed to be a broader understanding for minor mods and some respect for quality builds. Then it was all shut down by the state government and reverted to fining everyone for even minor modifications.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

apsilon
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby apsilon » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:37 am

Wolfgang wrote:So Mighty Car Mods host an event that provides people with a safe controlled environment off the street to test the limits of their cars, and police target it.

Ohhhh, it never clicked that he was on the way to the MCM nationals, I just assumed WSID night. Yeah I don't agree with that and have experienced the same thing back when I was more into modified cars. It was normal for events and meets to be targeted, even had several times where they'd block off a maccas car park that a club was meeting at before heading off and check every car yet I've seen them ignore behaviour and cars that shouldn't be on the road.
'97 Neo Green limited edition

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby bruce » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:14 am

It shouldn't have been on the street, it is as simple as that.

Return to “New South Wales/ACT”