Lotus Lakeside DTC & MX5 challenge this Sunday 4/6

Queensland Motorsport

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ, JBT

adidistyle
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Lotus Lakeside DTC & MX5 challenge this Sunday 4/6

Postby adidistyle » Wed May 31, 2017 10:55 pm

G'day drivers. I am heading out to Lakeside DTC for a bit of horizontal hill climbing. This is a great driving challenge extremely well suited to our nimble MX-5s. Entry fees are $75 and you need a RACERS licence and CTP extension. Your car gets scrutinised but a street car in good condition. A fire extinguisher Is encouraged. Wrist-to-neck-to-ankle clothing, covered shoes and helmet are required. Full details here: http://www.lotusclubqueensland.com/dtc-4-june-2017

In between runs I plan to pop over to the pits and check out how the lads are going in the MX-5 challenge races. Consider it's 30 bux just to spectate on Sunday, then $75 looks like a bargain.

Entries close on Friday, and you need to organise your CTP by then too. If you don't have a RACERS license you can organise that on the day.

I hope to see a few fives out there at this relaxed, fun event.

Ps: BAPs apply, not that it's self serving in any way :D
Adam Shipway
NA6 for track. NA8B SE (in slow progress)

adidistyle
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Re: Lotus Lakeside DTC & MX5 challenge this Sunday 4/6

Postby adidistyle » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Great day at Lakeside today. Red-bullet, Peter and I flew the MX-5 flag. I got 8 runs in near perfect conditions, with barely 35 minutes between runs, and no delays. I got a PB of 50.189. I just couldn't crack 50 after I spun on the last corner of my best run... couldn't figure out whether to be conservative or really push hard and be sideways a lot, in fairly slippery conditions. In the end, I chose sideways :D

This is a great event. Every MX driver should try it. It's a course that takes quite a bit of learning. I dare you to stop at just one!

Over the road the MX5/86 Challenge Cup races were in progress, so I wandered over to say hello, and some of them came over to see what we were up to. They seemed to have a lot of waiting around today. One reported to me that overall, with 174 entries, it was the largest race meet since Lakesidewas reborn. That's probably right... there were carsn'stuff everywhere.
Adam Shipway
NA6 for track. NA8B SE (in slow progress)

Return to “Queensland”