Dirt KhanaX this Saturday 23/9 Willowbank

Queensland Motorsport

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ, JBT

adidistyle
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Dirt KhanaX this Saturday 23/9 Willowbank

Postby adidistyle » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:06 pm

Gday guys, here's an unusual new event to try...

HSCCQ are holding a dirt khanacross this Saturday, near Willowbank. Khanacross is a short time trial, usually tight corners with short straights, and all in forward direction. It's standing-start to full-stop finish and you probably won't get out of second gear or over 80kph. A bit like scaled-up motorkhana, these runs require intense concentration for a short period and you are constantly busy accelerating, braking, steering and changing gears. Being on dirt/grass means it is surprisingly slippery and the grip level changes constantly so you have to be on your game all the way.

I have been on a couple of similar events with the HSCCQ and it was heaps of fun.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqzPU8hUoi4 I don't know if side by side is planned but that makes it even better (you are still against the clock).

Information on this weekend's event is here http://www.hsccq.com/index.php/event/hsccq-khanacross-rd4/?eID=45

Entry fee is, well, dirt cheap! It's almost nominal for juniors. Check out the supp regs for yourself.http://www.hsccq.com/files/1815/0439/2479/230917-Sup-Regs_.pdf It's a CAMS come'n'try event so day licences are available. Car requirements are about the same as trackday. Just add a fire extinguisher.

I hope to see plenty of five's out there supporting this new event.
Adam Shipway
NA6 for track. NA8B SE (in slow progress)

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Re: Dirt KhanaX this Saturday 23/9 Willowbank

Postby Magpie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:21 am

I note the entries says "road cars should have no problem" but I think I could be a bit too low :(

adidistyle
Racing Driver

Postby adidistyle » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:35 am

I've been on the paddock in the video. No problems for me. Keith said the new venue is quite similar.
Adam Shipway

adidistyle
Racing Driver

Postby adidistyle » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:05 pm

I spoke to Keith today. The surface is grass! It will be cut short today or tomorrow, and it pretty smooth. With a little luck it will get rained on tomorrow which should keep the dust down.

If you are heading out you will need to self cater. It's in a paddock, about 10 minutes from the servos at Willowbank. There is no shade, so bring a shade tent or a very large hat! Don't forget water.

Don't forget to enter on-line too. Paddock = no power = no printing out late entries = you handwriting them. See links in OP and don't forget your CTP.

See you out there.
Adam Shipway

Return to “Queensland”