Morgan Park 14 August 2019

Queensland Motorsport

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ, JBT

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Morgan Park 14 August 2019

Postby Magpie » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:45 pm

As for other years, SDT (Safe Driver Training) will be having a track day on the Ekka show day at Morgan Park on 14 August. Avoid the Ekka crowds and flu, enjoy the smell of E85 in a tranquil setting...

I have been attending the SDT track days at Morgan park for more than a few years and I credit these with significant improvement in lap times. The SDT days allow you to be coached, or play follow the leader or go out on your own and do lap after after lap. It is up to you what you want to get out of the day!

My first lap at Morgan Park E layout when the car was still a 1.6 and slightly less modified was around 1:22 (07/2013), it is now 1:12 (07/2018). Yes the car has been slightly modified since 2013 but you can all the power in the world and it is useless unless you know how to use it!

Contact SDT or fill in the form to book your space. This is a great day and you will not regret it. My car will have its passenger seat in and I'm happy to take people for some laps or even put them in the drivers seat with me in the passenger seat (with SDT's permission).

http://www.sdt.com.au/docs/SDT%20Sports%20Driver%20Training%20(Morgan%20Park%20Track%20Days).pdf

Red_Bullet
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Clubman

Re: Morgan Park 14 August 2019

Postby Red_Bullet » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:11 pm

Hmmm....Sounds good, I better pull my finger out and get the car ready. New tyres, new and very different alignment and new front swaybar. Gotta stop the thing from being so tail happy. Should be ready in time though. Waiting on a few bits. Morgan Park is a treat! :D

Return to “Queensland”