MX-5 Club of QLD 2020

Queensland Motorsport

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ, JBT

Red_Bullet
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Clubman

Re: MX-5 Club of QLD 2020

Postby Red_Bullet » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:34 am

Yeah, maybe. Please elaborate. Enlighten me, I'm kinda old. I was getting excited about being able to rename the work I'd already done. It's all a bit of a pain in the ass TBH.

JBT
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby JBT » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:26 am

Red_Bullet wrote:….That's why it's a good idea for clubs to give something back to the community. The happy laps with a few seats for people with a disability is maybe a good idea. Need all the browny points we can muster.

Although this is a commendable idea, anyone volunteering to provide a car and drive in an unsupervised environment (two seat car), may need a "Blue Card" if children are involved. https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industries-and-accountability/queensland-laws-and-regulations/regulated-industries-and-licensing/blue-card/required/working-or-volunteering

CrazyRacer wrote:...would it be better set up as a facebook group rather than a page? I think they tend to be a better place for the sharing ideas and information.

Agree (with my limited knowledge of FB).

Red_Bullet
Speed Racer

Postby Red_Bullet » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:28 am

Yep probably correct regarding the FB group. I'll unpublish the page. I don't know if it can be converted from page to group, I suspect not.

project.r.racing
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Non MX-5

Postby project.r.racing » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:30 am

Yeah a fb group would be better. Allows you to process conversations better.

I dissagree with the stigma of amatuar motorsport. Maybe it is true for the older age brackets. I see plenty of 20s 30s 40s somethings at motorsports events. No one has spoken of being shuned by the community as a whole. Generally congratulated for taking it of the streets.

Red_Bullet
Speed Racer

Postby Red_Bullet » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:19 am

JBT wrote:Although this is a commendable idea, anyone volunteering to provide a car and drive in an unsupervised environment (two seat car), may need a "Blue Card" if children are involved. https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industries-and-accountability/queensland-laws-and-regulations/regulated-industries-and-licensing/blue-card/required/working-or-volunteering

Well that pretty much counts kids out.

Red_Bullet
Speed Racer

Postby Red_Bullet » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:22 am

Anybody want to set up the FB group? I have lots of pictures if you need some content.

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Magpie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:38 am

Red_Bullet wrote:Anybody want to set up the FB group? I have lots of pictures if you need some content.
Set the group up I'm sure people will help admin it etc, even I would help out :) The NSW MX5 motorsport group is a good example.

JBT wrote:Although this is a commendable idea, anyone volunteering to provide a car and drive in an unsupervised environment (two seat car), may need a "Blue Card" if children are involved. https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industries-and-accountability/queensland-laws-and-regulations/regulated-industries-and-licensing/blue-card/required/working-or-volunteering

By the way I have a blue card, am a registered foster carer in QLD and foster a child with special needs, plus I have a car... I think I tick the boxes, the only issue could be insurance.

JBT
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby JBT » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:01 am

project.r.racing wrote:I dissagree with the stigma of amatuar motorsport. Maybe it is true for the older age brackets. I see plenty of 20s 30s 40s somethings at motorsports events. No one has spoken of being shuned by the community as a whole. Generally congratulated for taking it of the streets.

It won't matter how old you are or the nobility of "taking it to the track". There are already noises starting about the environmental unfriendliness of petrol/diesel powered vehicles and non-essential road travel. It won't be long before people burning fossil fuel, brake pads and rubber for their self indulgent joy or leisure (i.e. motorsport, club drives etc.) will be considered as environmental vandals. I predict within 5 years. Imagine all those lovely motorsport precincts being repurposed for green space.....or residential development. Lakeside Park sounding familiar?

CrazyRacer
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby CrazyRacer » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:18 am

I've created a Facebook group "MX5 Motorsport Queensland".

https://www.facebook.com/groups/605851743501691/

There's absolutely nothing in it at the moment, its just an empty shell. Feel free to send be some content for the about page, photos etc

I was going to lift some of the photos from your page Keith, but you have taken it down already.

Please join, add some photos and let me know if you're happy to be an admin or moderator

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Magpie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:40 am

CrazyRacer wrote:I've created a Facebook group "MX5 Motorsport Queensland".

Joined as Car Drives man happy to help out as admin as well.

I can also offer a discount code (15%) for people who want to buy Takumi Oils once Takumi's current 25% pre-Christmas sale ends.

Red_Bullet
Speed Racer

Postby Red_Bullet » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:00 pm

CrazyRacer wrote:I've created a Facebook group "MX5 Motorsport Queensland".

https://www.facebook.com/groups/605851743501691/

There's absolutely nothing in it at the moment, its just an empty shell. Feel free to send be some content for the about page, photos etc

I was going to lift some of the photos from your page Keith, but you have taken it down already.

Please join, add some photos and let me know if you're happy to be an admin or moderator

Thanks CrazyRacer :D Looks like it's having a good first day!

Return to “Queensland”