Natmeet 2006 - Kooralbyn in Sunny Queensland

MX5 National Meet

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata, AJ

Administrator
Site Admin
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Natmeet 2006 - Kooralbyn in Sunny Queensland

Postby Administrator » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:06 pm

Great to see some info coming out on Natmeet 2006.

The venue is: Kooralbyn, in sunny south east Queensland, the home of resorts and white shoes. Situated in the Gold Coast Hinterland, with the promise of spectacular scenery and some great MX-5 roads.

To get the hearts pumping Queensland Raceway will kick the event off, can't wait to woop a few Cane Toads butts!

For info go here: http://www.miata.net.au/

Kick off is Thursday 13th April 2006, \"BURN it in your diary NOW!!!!!

But more importantly, let the hosts know, they have an enormous job ahead, and the best we can do is to make it easy for them, poor buggers have a lot to do to make this event for YOU!!!

Who knows, we may even have a bit of FUN wit a capital \"F\"

Hopefully they will let me in

The Red Baron with the company of Snoopy and many good friends.

May the games begin

baron

From info gained at the 15th anniversary of the NSW Club
Last edited by Administrator on Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:07 pm

Red Baron, thanks for starting a new thread on NatMeet2006!
You're spot on (except for the white shoes )

Preliminary info. was released on 3rd June and we're after your "Expression of Interest" asap, so we can get an idea of numbers for bookings, costings etc. As you say, the info. sheet can be found at http://www.miata.net.au

We already have Expressions of Interest from 61 people!!! A great start!
The breakdown is as follows:-
QLD 20
USA 16 (yes, these California Miata drivers have already booked flights!)
NSW 13 (good work, but I'm sure there are more who are keen!)
VIC 5
SA 5
WA 2
Denmark 1 (Yep, William is coming back for his 2nd NatMeet!)

There's 18 cars so far for Track Day, and that's going to be a ball!

You got it, it's going to be one FUN NatMeet! So drop us an E-mail at
natmeet2006@yahoo.com.au now!!!!

More info. including costings, coming soon.

Chris & Wendy - NatMeet2006 Team Leaders

Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:09 pm

YEP!! See below for a NatMeet update!

Hi Everyone!

We now have costings and a program overview available on our web site at http://www.natmeet2006.org.au as well as other useful links for your NatMeet holiday :-)

The costings document is a worksheet only, to help you calculate the cost of your NatMeet holiday. The next round of information to be released will be Registration Forms and these will need to be completed and submitted with a deposit. They should be on the above NatMeet web site in early November. There will also be an instalment payment plan to help spread the cost.

It's going to be a fantastic NatMeet with expressions of interest already from 131 people with 74 cars and 40 cars for Track Day!! We're really looking forward to meeting you all and sharing this adventure together!

Please send any queries you may have to NatMeet2006@yahoo.com.au

Bye for now,
Christopher & Wendy
Zoom, zoom, zoom!

Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:11 pm

I've been off the air for a while, but thanks guys for your feedback!

... Bevan, great spreadsheet, makes it really easy

... JBT and Red Baron, appreciate the positive comments! Glad you guys are in!

If there's anyone on the forum that is keen to come, but hasn't sent any contact details yet, please drop a line to NatMeet2006@yahoo.com.au so that you get on our list (and don't fall through the cracks!). At this stage I just need real names (of you and passenger), State, E-mail address and whether you want to participate in Track Day on the Thursday.

Thanksalot,
Chris W.

Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Administrator » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:14 pm

Just a NatMeet numbers update:-
We have 144 people who have expressed their interest in attending NatMeet 2006 in 81 cars!! There will also be 44 cars at Track Day!!
The state numbers breakdown is as follows:-
Qld 42
NSW 38
Vic 15
SA 13
WA 2
ACT 2
Tas 1
USA 30
Denmark 1

If you're not on our list yet, please drop an E-mail to natmeet2006@yahoo.com.au

Natmeet2006

NatMeet2006 Registration Form now online!

Postby Natmeet2006 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:19 am

Dear all,

Yes, the Registration Form for NatMeet 2006 is now available at the NatMeet 2006 website http://www.natmeet2006.org.au

The deadline for submission of your completed Registration Form and your deposit, is Friday 16th December (not far away, so do it now!).

Please note that a separate Track Day Registration Form will be available early next year which will require more detailed information from Track Day participants.

Interest in NatMeet2006 has been unprecedented and the capacity of Kooralbyn Resort is filling fast, so please send your form and deposit in asap to ensure your place! Then you can relax over Christmas :-)

If you have any queries, please send them to NatMeet2006@yahoo.com.au and have a terrific Festive Season!

Best wishes,
Christopher & Wendy :D

sabretooth
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby sabretooth » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:41 pm

I forgot to register! :oops: No excuse, I know.

Is it still worthwhile sending a form in?

Bevan
Speed Racer

Re:

Postby Bevan » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:37 am

sabretooth wrote:I forgot to register! :oops: No excuse, I know.

sabretooth
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby sabretooth » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:52 am

I've shot Chris and Wendy an e-mail asking them.

I think your sign should say "I'm with smarty", also. :)

Natmeet2006

Re:

Postby Natmeet2006 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:04 am

sabretooth wrote:I forgot to register! :oops: No excuse, I know.

Sorry for the delayed response but ... Yes! We're still accepting registrations, so send your form and deposit in.

There's quite a few people who expressed interest that haven't yet sent in their registration form, so if anyone else is in the same boat, grab the registration form from the web site below and send it in with your deposit asap.

Thanks!

JBT
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby JBT » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:35 pm

Thanks Chris, cheque for deposit and Registration Form is "in the mail" today.

Natmeet2006

Re:

Postby Natmeet2006 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:46 pm

JBT wrote:Thanks Chris, cheque for deposit and Registration Form is "in the mail" today.

Thanks, John, that's great!

Still expecting more registrations, so if anyone's just back from holidays, now's a good time to get your form and deposit in! :D

Natmeet2006

NatMeet 2006 Registration due date reminder!

Postby Natmeet2006 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:52 pm

Dear all,

Thanks very much to those 51 people who have already sent in their registration form and deposit for NatMeet 2006. That's terrific!

However,.....now that the festive season is over, we really need to receive everyone's completed registration form and deposit asap.

There are a lot of things for us to organise which depend on confirmed numbers, so the deadline for receipt of registration forms and
deposits is:- Friday 10th February. Please don't wait ... if it slipped through the cracks before Christmas, then grab the form from the
NatMeet 2006 web site http://www.natmeet2006.org.au right now! We don't want you to miss out on this exciting MX-5 event!

For those wishing to pay in instalments, the next instalment is due on Friday 10th February with final payments due on Friday 10th March.

We have a fantastic program planned and want all Club members who expressed an interest in coming, to be part of it! :D
Look forward to receiving your registration forms and deposits soon!

Thanks a bunch,
Chris & Wendy

Natmeet2006

Another reminder!

Postby Natmeet2006 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:04 am

Dear all,

IT'S NATMEET 2006 REGISTRATION TIME!!!!!

Yes, the Fri 10th February Registration deadline for NatMeet is fast approaching, so beat the rush and *do it now*! We need confirmed numbers!

Head for the NatMeet 2006 web site http://www.natmeet2006.org.au right now! Don't be the one to say afterwards "I wish I'd gone, if only I'd registered in time" :( ...we don't want you to miss out on this exciting MX-5 event!

For those who have already registered and paid their deposit, the next instalment is also due on Friday 10th February with final payments due on Friday 10th March. (Many thanks, by the way, to those wonderful people who have paid in full already!)

We have a fantastic program planned and want all Club members to be part of it! :D Look forward to receiving your registration forms and payments soon!

Thanks,
Chris & Wendy

Natmeet2006

Postby Natmeet2006 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:04 am

Hi Everyone,

Having "Wheels Car of the Year" recently awarded to the MX-5 NC has really sparked interest and several new owners have joined an MX-5 Club and will be bringing their NCs to NatMeet which is getting closer very quickly!

Even if you only want to attend the Track Day on Thur 13th April, we still need you to complete pages 1 & 2 of the Registration Form and send it in with your payment by 10th Feb.

If you're an MX-5 Club member, then this is your last chance. You only have until Fri 10th Feb to register, so head to the NatMeet 2006 web site http://www.natmeet2006.org.au right now. Complete the registration form and send it in with your payment asap.

The Track Entry Forms will be up on the web site mid Feb and you will be contacted when they are available, providing you have registered as above.

Look forward to receiving your registration forms and payment soon. Remember this event only happens every two years, so don't miss this opportunity to party with other MX-5 enthusiasts! :D

Thanks,
Chris & Wendy

Return to “Natmeet”