Natmeet - 2008 - Victoria

MX5 National Meet

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata, AJ

JBT
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby JBT » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:07 pm

I suppose there was a lot of assumed knowledge about certain aspects. There was a link on this forum to a very good guide (PDF) put up by the NSW club for their Concours d'Elegance in October 2007. Maybe questions/information about concours etc. should have been asked/disseminated before departure for NatMeet 2008...

However, the tyranny of distance and the problems you encountered certainly made it a big hurdle for WA participants. Sorry you guys didn't feel very welcome but these two seemed to get on OK :D

...and these two 8)

Okibi
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby Okibi » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:56 pm

Yup !

I had a great time with my friends :mrgreen:
If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.

Crazy Frog
Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby Crazy Frog » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:55 pm

:shock: Oi Okibi - is that a carbon fibre bonnet I can see on your set of wheels :mrgreen: When did you score the new bling - I reckon it would better match my silver MX-5 8) Enjoy the hospitality of Gail and the Croweater crew :P
ZOOOOOM-ZOOOOOM........

Okibi
Speed Racer

Re:

Postby Okibi » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:17 pm

Crazy Frog wrote::shock: Oi Okibi - is that a carbon fibre bonnet I can see on your set of wheels :mrgreen: When did you score the new bling - I reckon it would better match my silver MX-5 8) Enjoy the hospitality of Gail and the Croweater crew :P

It's yours for the right price :mrgreen: :P
If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.

Crazy Frog
Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby Crazy Frog » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:13 pm

Drive carefully and we can haggle when you get back to Sandgroper country :lol: I hope your increased oil consumption isn't a harbinger of the demise of yet another \"bulletproof\" 1800 motor :shock: Blinged-up cars aren't meant to be mountain dríven :evil:
ZOOOOOM-ZOOOOOM........

Okibi
Speed Racer

Re:

Postby Okibi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:01 pm

JBT wrote:...However, the tyranny of distance and the problems you encountered certainly made it a big hurdle for WA participants...

For sure, I finally got my car back tonight 1 month from dropping it off for Natmeet. What is a weekend event for many is a long and expensive process for others. :lol:

redshoes

Postby redshoes » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:19 pm

Howdy Dave! Glad to hear you finally got your baby back again! At long, long last :mrgreen: .

Okibi
Speed Racer

Postby Okibi » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:53 pm

God I hope none of the remaining W.A. cars were on this train :(

redshoes

Postby redshoes » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Wow. I never realised there were so many derailments on this line :? Bet you're glad your baby is home Dave. Did you get that oil leak fixed up?

Okibi
Speed Racer

Postby Okibi » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:39 pm

Nope it's not a simple oil leak, it's head recon time.

I'm still driving her around just being careful not to leave a smoke screen. :lol:

garbev
Driver
Vehicle: NC

Postby garbev » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:08 pm

This was my first natmmet and I had a great time.
4 out of the 5 WA cars were delayed on the way back due to derailments which doesn't say much for National Rail.
I would like to thank the Queensland club for there hospitality in inviting me to sit with them at the dinner on Saturday night I made some new MX5 friends. As Dave has pointed out we were a little dismayed to find out about the points scoring procedure after we had actually arrrived so we were in no position to accumulate bonus points but we still enjoyed ourselves never the less.
I hope we can get enough interest to hold a Natmeet in WA as we have proven that travel is no object.

Okibi
Speed Racer

Postby Okibi » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:36 pm

2 W.A. cars are still held up by the derailment .. and our new coffee machine :lol:

Mr Morlock
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Mr Morlock » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:40 pm

The delay is an unbelievable situation - is it possible to make a claim where for example a person was deprived of their car and had to hire another to go to work? Very poor show
The size of Oz does bring into perspective that Natmeets for any club tend to be Melb or Sydney centric. I wonder what the breakdown was for attendees as far as distance and numbers was?

Okibi
Speed Racer

Postby Okibi » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:11 am

- NEWSFLASH - Last W.A. cars were picked up this morning!

Hot Rodders
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby Hot Rodders » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:19 am

:lol: Just in time to put them back on the train for the next Nat Meet!! :lol:
Evo, Its not a Dirty Word! Good As Gold.
President Bendigo Gliding Club
www.bendigogliding.org.au

Return to “Natmeet”