MX-5 NatMeet 2014 - Sunshine Coast Queensland

MX5 National Meet

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata, AJ

JBT
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Re: MX-5 NatMeet 2014 - Sunshine Coast Queensland

Postby JBT » Tue May 21, 2013 11:00 pm

I won't include the costs of driving from Queensland to Canberra and return for NatMeet X for comparison purposes. Suffice to say that you will have to travel to any non-local NatMeet and each NatMeet has its own "flavour". Comparing apples and pears is never helpful. I have attended four and each has been just a little bit different in one way or another but, they've all been fun and we've enjoyed the company of many friendly people.

Think of NatMeet as a four day holiday package with your partner of choice, your MX-5 and a big group of like minded people. Think of doing this at a beach resort north of Brisbane in a "relax and have fun" atmosphere and you've got the idea of NatMeet XI.

We look forward to seeing you all there. :mrgreen:

Guran
Speed Racer
Vehicle: ND - 1.5

Postby Guran » Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 am

Well said John. :D I'll be there are I'm already looking forward to it. 8)
Standard 2006 NC - YouTube
WP 1:11.89 | SMP-S 1:05.90 GP 1:54.93 N 1:18.09 L 2:22.49 | PW 1:02.52
PI 2:00.55 | W-S 1:12.44 W-L 1:43.36 | SR 1:33.25

Jeo
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Jeo » Wed May 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Maybe this isn't the forum for this and maybe I'm still a little peeved about having the last natmeet in my home town and I still couldn't afford to go, despite not paying for accommodation, but I'm still going to bring it up. Before that however, full props to QLD. Getting the event over $300 cheaper is a huge step in the right direction.

The costs in getting there and back are somewhat irrelevant as they're not going to be consistent, nor are they they home state's fault (ok, they might be if the QLD club decided to hold it in Carins...).

I'm pleased that the Canberra event was enjoyable for those involved and I'm still disappointed that I couldn't be there for the whole thing, but it does still raise somewhat of a recurring theme in club discussions of what's defined as necessary costs. Not to dig up an old dead horse but remember the threads on here about defining runs around relatively expensive cafes excluding members? Over 12 months on I know I'm still struggling to see how nearly $1100 went into three days worth of meals and some venue hire and it plays a similar tune. All the clubs say they're having problems attracting younger club members, so to fix that let's throw a ~$2000 weekend? Again, "necessary" costs.

Personally I'm now in a far more stable position and seriously considering next year's event, but the point still stands.

JBT
Speed Racer

Postby JBT » Wed May 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Guys, can we please keep discussion and questions in this thread to NatMeet XI 2014?

Please start a new thread on general NatMeet discussion by all means or take it back to the event thread/topic concerned for discussion there.

JBT
Speed Racer

Postby JBT » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:46 am

Important Reminders:

Time is ticking away folks and Oaks Oasis are only holding accommodation for this event until 30 August 2013. After that date all rooms will be available for bookings by the general public. Please remember this is a peak season and the Sunshine Coast is a very popular destination. Make your accommodation booking early to avoid disappointment - you will need to pay $160 (one night's accommodation) to secure a booking. The deposit is refundable up to seven days prior to the event.

Also please note that your NatMeet XI deposit of $100 per person is payable upon registration.

JBT
Speed Racer

Postby JBT » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Download this PDF for the latest information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JBT
Speed Racer

Postby JBT » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:18 pm

Update #2 is attached with some conditional accommodation price reductions from Oaks Oasis. There is also lots of information with links on the Registration Page.

95 people have registered now and we have plenty of room for more. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JBT
Speed Racer

Postby JBT » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Ooops :oops: - mistake in the URL: Registration Page.

JBT
Speed Racer

Postby JBT » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:54 pm

Just over 7 months to go now. Entry numbers are steadily increasing and we have room for heaps more. 117 people and 64 cars entered at this stage. 8) We're all getting set for a great event and the planned run routes will be checked out over the next month or so.

There are currently 28 EOIs for track day - a great opportunity to drive iconic Lakeside. For those planning to enter the track day sprint/regularity, tyres must be UTQG rating of 180 or more - no R specs. The track day entry page and rules will be issued in a few months but expect a sub $150 entry fee per driver and less for a second driver using the same car.

Don't forget that first instalment payments are due on 1st September 2013.

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Magpie » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:46 pm

[quote="JBT"]For those planning to enter the track day sprint/regularity, tyres must be UTQG rating of 180 or more - no R specs./quote]

Can I ask why? If it is because people from interstate don't want to drive on their R specs I can live with it. Could you just not apply a handicap to discourage the use of R Specs?

Buying a set of tyres just for the nat meet track day is not worth it sorry. Why not 140 as this would allow Federal 595 RSR's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

MINX
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby MINX » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Magpie,
my understanding is you can run on the Natmeet trackday with any tyre you like.
However, if they dont comply with the limits described, you wont be eligible for State or individual points.

So it does come back to your choice.

Thats how Natmeet Canberra was run for the Wakefield Track day.
I bought a set of Star Specs for the trip, i wasnt going to run over 4000km and a track day with dual drivers on my RS3s.
Lakeside 1:02.94 Clubman 1:04.61 Sprint 1:00.81 Sportsman 1:04.27 National 1:28.36 WP 1:15.45 MtCotton 0:51.13 Symmons 1:12.2 Baskerville 1:08

JBT
Speed Racer

Postby JBT » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:20 pm

Magpie wrote:Can I ask why? If it is because people from interstate don't want to drive on their R specs I can live with it. Could you just not apply a handicap to discourage the use of R Specs? Buying a set of tyres just for the nat meet track day is not worth it sorry....

What Minx said plus it's just to make it a fair and reasonable competition for road registered cars. If locals run on R Specs then they have a very distinct advantage over those from interstate who would have to transport track tyres to Brisbane or drive up on R Specs. I doubt many (if any) NatMeet entrants will be buying a set of tyres for the track event. Nobody has had a problem with this in the past - in fact the feedback I'm getting is that there is greater interest in entering the NatMeet track day with this restriction.

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Magpie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks for the reply, I will have to see what UTQG rating another set of tyres I have at home, hence my comment about buying tyres. I have R888's and 595RS-S as well as getting a set of FZ'S I guess a set of road tyres may not go astray. Or I could just run the red NA which is 100% stock then again I still have to decide if I'm attending as I have no idea where I will be working that far into the future.

JBT
Speed Racer

Postby JBT » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:09 am

Just a reminder that 1st Instalment payments were due on 1 Sep 13. The payment schedule is:

Deposit - on registration
1st Instalment - 1 Sep 13
2nd Instalment (final) - 1 Feb 14.

If you haven't registered and wish to attend the 2014 event, get your entry in now :!: You will need to pay the deposit and 1st Instalment when you register.

Click here to view the updates and register.

JBT
Speed Racer

Postby JBT » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Only 5 car spots left now. Once they're gone, we'll start a stand-by list. This will be a big event. :)

Return to “Natmeet”