(No longer available) NB racecar part-out (NSW)

MX5, Miata and Eunos Cars For Sale

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

(No longer available) NB racecar part-out (NSW)

Postby greenMachine » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:31 pm

No interest in the car, so it is for sale as parts. Note, engine, gearbox and diff spoken for.

Chassis

NB8C yr 2000 jap import, can't be registered, CAMS registered full (6 legs, side bars) cage and 2009 CAMS logbook with bolted hardtop (glass rear window) minor mods to clear the cage. Pinned bonnet (damaged but useable), lightened and pinned boot. Radiator ducting fully sealed. Hardtop is due for cosmetic TLC, and boot/rear garnish slotted for wing mount need more permanent repair. Doors standard, modified trim, glass window with electric lift and lockable. Does not include seat or anything listed below.

As above, with front/rear subframes, $4k

As roller, with NB8B uprights/hubs and wishbones (NOT the ones listed below, no brakes, shocks or springs), and trailer wheels - $5k

Brakes

Willwood hats/rotors/spacers F&R (fits 6UL 15x8s, 15x7 need 10mm spacer), four pot Dynalite fronts, NA calipers at rear, xp10/12 pads; These brakes are pretty much as big as you can go for 15in wheels - lots of stopping power! $2k

75mm Singular brake ducts for fronts, with ducting from 'foglight' holes; $500

ABS; Complete DIY ABS setup, suit retrofit. Comes with all wiring, sensors, ALL brake hard lines as well as ABS unit. $1k, NB8B uprights available if needed, if not sold first!

Vac pump & reservoir for brake booster; $400

ECU/dash

Haltech PS1000 with wideband, fuse/relaybox; $1.5k

Racepak IQ3 logger dash + USM (for additional analogue inputs); $1.5k

Suspension

Full SADFAB suspension - delrin bushes (except sways), poly/bronze bushes where adjustment needed, spherical RUCA-O and arm modified for camber adjustment. This is a zero friction suspension bushing system, for the driver who wishes for the absolute best in handling 'feel'. No 'stiction' as with polys, no slop as with rubber. Available installed in suspension arms (except spherical) for $1750, or loose $1250. Add $500 for 4x NB8B suspension uprights and hubs with extended ARP studs. PM me for a special deal on full race suspension: all arms and uprights with SADFAB bushes/bearings, hubs with ARP studs, and rear axles, rear upper arms modified to allow camber adjustment.

Set Bilstein PSS9 revalved and resprung (Eibach) for race use by Heasmans - $1,750

Big hollow RB front bar ($350) with stiffening blocks ($150), brace ($100) - $550 the package.

NA 11mm rear bar - $200, 4x 949 endlinks - $200;

Other

Accusump oil pressure reserve - $300

Odyssey 680 battery (near new) - $200

Works QR for steering wheel - $500, (includes tatty wheel and splined steering shaft adapter - no welding needed)

6 point 3in harness (many years to run) - $200

Purchase inquiries by PM please. Open to negotiation on prices, including packages of items listed separately above.

:mrgreen:
Last edited by greenMachine on Thu May 05, 2022 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: All this stuff has gone
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

ninerwfo
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A - Turbo

Re: NB racecar part-out (NSW)

Postby ninerwfo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:49 am

PM'd about accusump :)

greenMachine
Forum Guru

Postby greenMachine » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:24 am

Accusump

Build thread

greenMachine
Forum Guru

NEW PRICING

Postby greenMachine » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:29 pm

UPDATED with reduced pricing for most items

greenMachine wrote:
Chassis

NB8C yr 2000 jap import, can't be registered, CAMS registered full (6 legs, side bars) cage and 2009 CAMS logbook with bolted hardtop (glass rear window) minor mods to clear the cage. Pinned bonnet (damaged but useable), lightened and pinned boot. Radiator ducting fully sealed. Hardtop is due for cosmetic TLC, and boot/rear garnish slotted for wing mount need more permanent repair. Doors standard, modified trim, glass window with electric lift and lockable. Does not include seat or anything listed below.

As above, with front/rear subframes, $3.5k

As roller, with NB8B uprights/hubs and wishbones (NOT the ones listed below, no brakes, shocks or springs), and trailer wheels - $4.5k

Brakes

Willwood hats/rotors/spacers F&R (fits 6UL 15x8s, 15x7 need 10mm spacer), four pot Dynalite fronts, NA calipers at rear, xp10/12 pads; These brakes are pretty much as big as you can go for 15in wheels - lots of stopping power! $1.5k

75mm Singular brake ducts for fronts, with ducting from 'foglight' holes and aluminium inlets; $450

ABS; Complete DIY ABS setup, suit retrofit. Comes with all wiring, sensors, ALL brake hard lines as well as ABS unit. $1k, NB8B uprights available if needed, if not sold first!

Vac pump & reservoir for brake booster; $400

ECU/dash

Haltech PS1000 with wideband, fuse/relaybox; Racepak IQ3 logger dash + USM (for additional analogue inputs); See separate FS post

Suspension

Full SADFAB suspension - SOLD

Bilstein PSS9 race shocks with Eibach race springs - See separate FS post

Big hollow adjustable RB front bar ($350) with stiffening blocks ($150), brace ($100) - $550 the package.

NA 11mm rear bar - $200, 4x 949 endlinks - $200;

Other

Accusump oil pressure reserve - $250

Odyssey 680 battery (near new) - $200

Works QR for steering wheel - see separate FS post

6 point 3in harness (many years to run) - $150

Build thread

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Magpie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:37 pm

greenMachine wrote: USM (for additional analogue inputs)
Still waiting for this part out...

greenMachine
Forum Guru

Postby greenMachine » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:49 pm

Magpie wrote:
greenMachine wrote: USM (for additional analogue inputs)
Still waiting for this part out...

Done. Lookee here. This is your lucky day Magpie, and because you are such a nice bloke, I will throw in the ECU, the WB, etc etc, all for the one crazy low price. Don't thank me, I only get embarrassed and all tongue tied ... :)

Build thread

Magpie
Speed Racer

Postby Magpie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:57 pm

greenMachine wrote: one crazy low price. Don't thank me, I only get embarrassed and all tongue tied ... :)
Free?

greenMachine
Forum Guru

Postby greenMachine » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 pm

Magpie wrote:
greenMachine wrote: one crazy low price. Don't thank me, I only get embarrassed and all tongue tied ... :)
Free?

Package deal!

Build thread

Luke
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NC

Postby Luke » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:58 pm

I think I can tell you why there have been so few replies to this thread.
I don't mean to be offensive but you are asking the same or more for some of those items compared to buying new.
Generally the rule of thumb for any used car parts is half price. You can use that theory whenever you go a to a wrecker. Unless of course it is some unavailable rare part which none of these are.

Example the sway bar is only $340AUD delivered from the States yet you are asking $350 for your used bar.
The blocks are only $31 USD new. No idea where you are getting $150 from.
You can buy the blocks and brace for $110 USD.
Even as $550 package you are still more than what i can get it all for new which is at the $500 AUD mark.
Standard rear 11mm or 12mm bars can be found in the for free part of this forum every now and then.

Same goes for you brake ducts. They are only $224USD new with the hose and clamps. About $350 AUD shipped.

I could go on, but I think you need to review the pricing if you want to move this stuff on.
2022 BRZ 10AE
2021 GR Yaris
2008 Peugeot HDi Lemans, Number 1027/2000, White with Red stripes

Magpie
Speed Racer

Postby Magpie » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Luke wrote:Generally the rule of thumb for any used car parts is half price.
Disagree, the general rule is what the buyer is willing to pay... have you considered that there may not be the motivation to do a fire sale? People can always ignore, accept or negotiate :) Anyway my opinion.

Luke
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NC

Postby Luke » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:24 pm

Magpie wrote:
Luke wrote:Generally the rule of thumb for any used car parts is half price.
Disagree, the general rule is what the buyer is willing to pay... have you considered that there may not be the motivation to do a fire sale? People can always ignore, accept or negotiate :) Anyway my opinion.

Sure, a buyer can choose to pay what they want and the seller can list it for whatever they want as well, but when buying used car parts the price is always less than the new part and is generally half of the new price from what I have seen and payed at wreckers, gumtree, forums etc.
There is no way I would pay anything more than up to 75% depending on the part.

As an example 2 months ago I bought a Whiteline 24mm sway bar for $100 through this forum. Needed new bushings(they lost 1???) but that will only be $125 all up. Less than half the price of a new one.
An other example for new parts(mainly suspension parts) I have for sale for various EA to BF Falcons. Have them listed on Gumtree and the Ford Forum that are sitting at about 1/2 to 2/3rds of their new price. I've had them for sale for over a year now and only moved on half of them. Most people only want to offer me about 1/3 of the new price for them and include shipping for free.

Motivation for a Fire sale, LOL. I'm not suggesting that, but the current prices are the exact opposite. Just trying to point out the obvious why they have ben listed for a few months with no interest.
2022 BRZ 10AE
2021 GR Yaris
2008 Peugeot HDi Lemans, Number 1027/2000, White with Red stripes

greenMachine
Forum Guru

Postby greenMachine » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:09 pm

My, look what happens when you go offline for a few days ...

Luke wrote: ... they have ben listed for a few months with no interest.

Luke, all my ads have 'reply by PM', which is what people generally do. You would have to see my inbox to know how few, or how many, responses I have had, the length of the thread is no indication at all.

If you have your eye on something, perhaps many things (I hope :wink: ) and you don't like the price, you have choice - go somewhere else, or make an offer (which I may or may not accept). BUT you don't price bash.

This discussion is now closed.

Build thread

greenMachine
Forum Guru

Postby greenMachine » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:22 pm

SADfab delrin/poly-bronze suspension, including wishbones and rear uprights with sphericals - SOLD.

Vacuum pump, reservoir and lines - SOLD

Build thread

greenMachine
Forum Guru

Postby greenMachine » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:52 pm

greenMachine wrote:Vacuum pump, reservoir and lines - SOLD :mrgreen:

Updating this, no longer sold but on hold for a forum member, pending clarification.

If you are interested in this, PM me to be on the waiting list should the above sale not proceed.

Build thread

greenMachine
Forum Guru

Postby greenMachine » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:38 pm

The mounting blocks and bushes for the RB front bar seem to be missing in action, will update if/when found.

Build thread

Return to “MX5 Cars - For Sale”