** For Sale 1993 rod millen mx5 roadster **

MX5, Miata and Eunos Cars For Sale

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, The American, Lokiel, miata, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy

coupekid
Learner Driver
Vehicle: NB Roadster

** For Sale 1993 rod millen mx5 roadster **

Postby coupekid » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:36 pm

IMAG0487.jpg

Im considering selling my genuine ...

1993 Mazda MX5 Rod Millen, 1.6L Roadster

A one family owned vehicle with ultra low kms.
Purchased brand new in 1993 from Port Rd, Mazda SA.
Only 2 ever made for the Australian Market !!

Always kept in a climate controlled environment along with my

1957 buick special hardtop
1957 buick special convertible..
76 Falcon XB GS Coupe..
1958 plymouth sports coupe
1968 Shelby GT500KR
1913 Ford model t C cab delivery trucks x3

Im merely stating it is within a great collection and well cared for all its life!

This vehicle is in concourse condition & allways considered a collectable!

$35k gets it !! .. honestly,, go find another

Comes with all log books etc

Email below for serious enquiries only :NA6:

j o h n n y b u i c k @ b i g p o n d . c o m

coupekid
Learner Driver

Re: ** For Sale 1993 rod millen mx5 roadster **

Postby coupekid » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:51 pm

I also build Authentic 1913 model T trucks for cashed up corporations done with your Co Logo & colours !

Stand out from the Crowd & from your competitors with this eye catching promotional ultra rare Automobile from a by-gone period !

Outer Body is of metal , inner is made of Birch & Whiteash with leather roof !

Only Genuine Quality 1912-13 parts used !

This is Quality workmanship & that = ...a Quality Price !!
:D

93_Clubman
Speed Racer
Vehicle: Clubman

Postby 93_Clubman » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:22 am

Some additional info for those interested:
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=72057
&
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=77112

Rocky
Concerned Citizen.
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby Rocky » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:25 pm

It is a very nice example of the iconic model.
$35K ?
Well when you look at the sort of money being paid for a lot of '70s Australian "icons".....
Foundation Member: Grumpy Old Bastards Club.

coupekid
Learner Driver

Postby coupekid » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:22 pm

For all those doubters n haters n trolls in some of those older links listed above.. and who think they know it all and believe the car has just a mere body kit or the true shown kms are not real...come see the car in its current condition & look over the log books & also check the vin with Mazda ..you will see your sh*t talk is all you own !!
...& all as i described just got real !!

Mr Morlock
Speed Racer

Postby Mr Morlock » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Yes by all means - advise the VIN and it can readily be checked out. A passing comment- around 60.000 KLM is not unusual for an MX-5- lowish but not unheard of - these vehicles are often only used for Sunday drives only when the sun is shining. A mate bought a 30 year old sports car in pristine perfect condition with 5000 klm on the clock. The previous posts were interesting reading.

KevGoat
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby KevGoat » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:15 pm

I'd never heard of Rod Millen until this, probably because most of his career seems to have been US based. Don't know how well he was known more broadly among Australian motoring enthusiasts, but apart from the fact MX-5's have a limited market as is, that lack of knowledge could conceivably reduce the marketplace to a very small number. Any "collectible" cars tend to be dependent upon their iconic standing within society and among the motoring press. Nostalgia also has a big part. Many very ordinary mass produced cars are selling for big numbers these days purely on nostalgia. Their mass production also means a broad base of nostalgic past owners who convert to buyers. One can rarely ever predict these things. I didn't even consider we would be seeing NA's selling for the prices they are now - thought it would take another decade or so. Can never say what something's worth until someone buys it ... or not.

May as well give some of my opinions on reading the ad. This is not a cheap car and as such I would expect the advertising to represent the standard. The description of the car lacks detail, like the actual upgrades perdormed on this particular version. Anyone interested is going to research and find there were a number of variations. The photos don't do the car any justice whatsoever! Considering the asking price some more professional images would certainly help. Your career is irrelevant unless someone asks. The fact this vehicle is part of a collection is irrelevant, unless you include details such as how the vehicle has been stored (climate controlled environment etc) as this is important. Maintenance, care and complete records are vital, not comments like you can find them! Complete records and documentation is inherently important to showing how serious you and previous owners cared for the car and any collector or enthusiast will have immediate access to every tiny detail recorded about their car.

You may disagree or ignore, just my thoughts to help.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ralt
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2

Postby ralt » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi.
Good reply kev. One thing you should never do is get your prospective buyers (maybe) off side and his vitriol to people on the forum is a perfect example of how not to advertise anything.

coupekid
Learner Driver

Postby coupekid » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:26 pm

This forum seems for those that continue to only disect ones "vitriol" ..You wont get that on any US forum

AzzA68
Driver
Location: Somewhere near the middle, but kinda off to one side a bit..

Postby AzzA68 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:58 am

For that sort of money, I do expect that it comes with a new radiator; as the item in the photos looks like it's going to spurt like Old Faithful at any moment (that "color" change is a dead giveaway, for any discerning classic Mazda aficionado).

And... While we're waxing the Murican lexicon, let's dive into the grist...

You may not get anyone calling out BS on any American forum; but then they've got Trump because no-one of any standing has ever bluntly and publicly called out his BS. Whereas we've got Scotty FM, who's just insidiously insipid but mostly benign (exactly like Uncle Rupert lets him be). To say the difference in cultural paradigm is a chasm is mildly understating the understated (unlike Mr Millen's bold designs).

GLWS: it's a vury purdy car!
I'd buy it but it's not Her fave "color" (gold leaf gilding is more Her thang, and She must be kept happy).

BTW
Thank you for the photos of car show at the castle.
Many of the lowly people on this forum might not appreciate such a display of class, but I got quite a buzz from it.
Little Red Unicorn :NB8B:
Velocity Red 2004 SE (now with more "zoom")

coupekid
Learner Driver

Postby coupekid » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:22 am

Im not sure why some have refered to the radiator looking rusty etc but from new the top tank of the original radiator has a woodgrain/ fibreglass like finish to it .. it is how it came from new , never replaced ... its not aged or dirty ..its still as new .. the rest is aluminium...and ps: i also still have the leather look gear knob ..& thanks for your kind words :)

Garido
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Postby Garido » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:01 am

coupekid wrote:Im considering selling my genuine ...

I'm a bit confused whether you are selling or just trying to gain some interest. Not a criticism it's just as a buyer I've found it hard when people do these EoI/Considering selling type things.

I think the car is beautiful. If you "do" end up selling, I hope it goes to a deserving owner who will look after it.

Mr Morlock
Speed Racer

Postby Mr Morlock » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:59 am

Perhaps the "owner" of the vehicle does not understand that the radiator top tank is plastic - and sure with a high price on the vehicle a new OEM radiator would need to be fitted. However the owner has not actually given any information on the history of the car at all - one might assume that the vehicle was a standard MX-5 fitted with a body kit. It surely was not exported from USA but more likely imported by Mazda Aust and subsequently fitted with the kit.
I have seen the same or at least lookalike kit before .
VIN is ....?

bootz
Racing Driver

Postby bootz » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:34 pm

Apart from rarity what would set this to be more collectible than a SP?
At least the SP has Australian provenence.

The name Rod Millen means absolutely nothing to most people in Australia.

This 'limited edition' was never sold here, marketed here, dríven here.
Bootz and Boof - On the road to somewhere.

KevGoat
Speed Racer

Postby KevGoat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:17 pm

I'm more partial to the XC ... use to love my rusty old 4 door 302 XC Fairmont

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Return to “MX5 Cars - For Sale”