xforce vs town & country exhaust

Technical Guidance for doing those Tricky Jobs

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata, PUR157

fiver

xforce vs town & country exhaust

Postby fiver » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:12 am

I am considering both xforce and Town & Country exhaust systems for my stock NB8B.
I need some advice re performance and sound of both these. I have heard the xforce full system on a NA which sounded OK but would like to hear the T & C to compare. Can anyone help, I am in the Ballarat area but am willing to travel to check out the T & C.
fiver
I

funmx5
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Re: xforce vs town & country exhaust

Postby funmx5 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:06 pm

join the ballarat chapter of the mx5 club ,then you will here the t&c exhaust in convoy!!!!
red na6
cx7

Mr nanotech
Racing Driver

Postby Mr nanotech » Mon May 07, 2012 12:59 am

They are the same.... Tnc use xfirce muffler sections. The only difference is one is off the shelf stainless cat back and the other is custom made press bent mild steel with a chrome tip welded over the end.
Colin is a great workman and is very flexible so dont get my next comment wrong:
I would go the stainless xforce cat back. Its cheaper and its made for the car so bolting up is dead easy. As its factory made you can sell it off without losing much cash if you hate it too.
I own a tnc and removed it for another exhaust but recently took it back off for the tnc again.
Its a good exhaust but for value sake, def get the prebuilt since ots going to be the same anyway it terms of sound. The added bonus is that it will be mendrel bent and stainless unlike the hand made.
Okibi wrote:Abusing Police because of a few corrupt or power hungry idiots is like calling all car enthusiasts hoons. :roll:

NitroDann
Forum sponsor

Postby NitroDann » Mon May 07, 2012 1:10 am

But stainless sounds worse than mild.

Dann
http://www.NitroDann.com

speed wrote:If I was to do it again, I wouldn't even consider the supercharger.

Mr nanotech
Racing Driver

Postby Mr nanotech » Mon May 07, 2012 1:30 am

^^ Point taken

Price up an Xforce stainless cat back and print it off. Ring up Town and Country Exhausts and ask if they will do a similar system in mild steel mandrel bent with a similar tip for the same price.
Okibi wrote:Abusing Police because of a few corrupt or power hungry idiots is like calling all car enthusiasts hoons. :roll:

CrazyRacer
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby CrazyRacer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:35 pm

I recently rang an xForce distributor to enquire about getting a system and they told me they no longer use the complete xForce system on MX5s because the fit not great. Said they use the xForce rear muffler section and custom make the rest.

I ended up going with a T&C system, which I'm happy with.

Return to “MX5 Technical Guides”