Installing Roll Bar

Technical Guides primarily to do with the NA series

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

Mr nanotech
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Installing Roll Bar

Postby Mr nanotech » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi there, I have recently been looking into buying a roll bar for my na6 and managed to track down a used Brown Davis cams approved roll bar. I've actually been looking for one for quite a while now so 'recently' doesn't quite fit lol.
Anyway, the roll bar in question (buying tomorrow) doesn't come with instructions to fit. So far I know all the bolts are included and 'everything you need to fit' will come along with the purchase. My only query is working out how to install it. I know roughly how to bolt it on after looking through a guide for an nb, but as you guys would know, there is a metal panel in the boot that I'm guessing I need to remove to get to the place I need to fit the back of the roll bar (anchor it down from below). I hope this is all making sense so far!

The other question I have though, is whether I have to get new mounting brackets for my seats so they sit lower. I've seen a lot of diagrams showing seats being too high for the roll bars etc.. I don't know too much on the dimensions of the Brown Davis bar compared to the height of the seats, so any advice her would be great.

I look forward to hearing back on this as I should have the roll bar in my hands in about a week if everything goes according to plan!

Thanks in advance.
Okibi wrote:Abusing Police because of a few corrupt or power hungry idiots is like calling all car enthusiasts hoons. :roll:

StanTheMan
Forum legend

Installing Roll Bar

Postby StanTheMan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:06 pm

I can't see you having any problems with NA6 seats and a BD roll bar.

I have NB8B seats. they are heaps higher than NA6 seats.

the bar does not clear them. The bar sits behind them. If you like your seats like a lounge I recon you could even get the NB8 seats under the bar.

I'm certain we have instructions for BD roll bar instalation.
Satans Ride called F33nix the resurrected NA6

Mr nanotech
Racing Driver

Installing Roll Bar

Postby Mr nanotech » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Thanks heaps for the reply mate! I'll keep that in mind with the seats. If you could link me to some instructions that would be grand!
I think I'm going to stick with the factory seats for now, the rest of my cash is going into a set of rb rotas, extractors and respray lol. I don't think I've got the cash for seats at the moment :(

***update***

Deal for the bd roll bar fell through...
Okibi wrote:Abusing Police because of a few corrupt or power hungry idiots is like calling all car enthusiasts hoons. :roll:

Return to “NA [1989 - 1997]”