Wiper cable?

Technical Guides primarily to do with the NA series

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, Andrew, -alex, miata

koolfan
Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2

Wiper cable?

Postby koolfan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:13 am

Hi there, where am i suppose to buy the wider tube or cable as there are many dirt building up and can't get the water to spray out?
NA8, 93

hks_kansei
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8A

Re: Wiper cable?

Postby hks_kansei » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:26 am

If there's dirt getting into the washer jets, rather than finding larger tubing why not just fix the problem?

Larger tubing will just mean instead of clogging a tube, it clogs the jet.
Or, it clogs the pump.

Just clean out the lines, the jets (use a pin)
and then clean out the washer reservoiur since that's likely where dirt has collected if it's getting into the lines.
1999 Mazda MX5 - 1989 Honda CT110 (for sale) - 1994 Mazda 626 wagon (GF's)

koolfan
Driver

Postby koolfan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:34 pm

hks_kansei wrote:If there's dirt getting into the washer jets, rather than finding larger tubing why not just fix the problem?

Larger tubing will just mean instead of clogging a tube, it clogs the jet.
Or, it clogs the pump.

Just clean out the lines, the jets (use a pin)
and then clean out the washer reservoiur since that's likely where dirt has collected if it's getting into the lines.

i would like to do that but the tube is really dirty thats why i just wondering is there anyone know where can i get some in hand...
NA8, 93

hks_kansei
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby hks_kansei » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:34 am

Fair enough.

Take a bit of the tube off and head to Bunnings/Masters.

They usually have giant rolls of assorted tubing that you buy by the metre, just find one the same size.
Just measure roughly how much you need beforehand (at a guess I'd say 2m should do it, but have a look)

You shouldn't need anything fancy since it's just carrying water and maybe some soap.
1999 Mazda MX5 - 1989 Honda CT110 (for sale) - 1994 Mazda 626 wagon (GF's)

taminga16
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby taminga16 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:57 pm

Do not use a pin to clear the washer jets, there is a possibility that you could distort them and the washers may never work properly again. Remove them and place them into a jar with some warm water and a little carwash, soak, shake and rinse. At worst some fishing line will suffice as a probe. You could remove the tank and clean that in same manner and with new hoses you will have a clean system from end to end.
Greg.
When you turn your car on, does it return the favour?

koolfan
Driver

Postby koolfan » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:49 am

taminga16 wrote:Do not use a pin to clear the washer jets, there is a possibility that you could distort them and the washers may never work properly again. Remove them and place them into a jar with some warm water and a little carwash, soak, shake and rinse. At worst some fishing line will suffice as a probe. You could remove the tank and clean that in same manner and with new hoses you will have a clean system from end to end.
Greg.

done. brought the hose and new washer jets from autobahn. work like a charms now.
NA8, 93

Return to “NA [1989 - 1997]”