MX5 mania turbo build

Discussion regarding Turbocharged and supercharged MX-5s

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, The American, Lokiel, -alex, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy, Sean

ManiacLachy
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: MX5 mania turbo build

Postby ManiacLachy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:58 am

Some people like change, I don't understand it personally but it's common. We hear it often, "I never drive my MX-5 anymore and I'm bored", but they love it when they drive it.... so, just drive it more! Personally, I'd just drive the MX-5 and have fun, you've got a great car there. Nothing makes me appreciate my (modded) SE more than driving another car for a week.

But if you're worried about it not being engineered, and you want a car you can street drive without worry as well as take to the track, then either change to a platform that has the power and performance out of the box - which is really just Lotus or Porsche, or get the MX-5 engineered (go visit NitroDann).

I like the 370Z's looks, never been a fan of the 350Z though. Sure they're heavy and have an agricultural motor, but I like the styling and a V6 beats a straight 4 for sound every time. 350Zs are getting popular again, I'm seeing a lot around at the moment, they must have hit the sweet spot in price. But you'd need to spend a bucket load on either to get the performance out of them, and then you're in the same predicament you are now. Just many thousands poorer.

There are worse things to spend money on I guess.

anastasic81
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB Roadster

Postby anastasic81 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:43 am

Fair comments.

I've reconsidered. I'll be holding onto the MX5.

Maybe throw a V6 in it one day.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Perthpom50
Driver
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby Perthpom50 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:35 pm

If you are bored and want to see how you can ruin a perfectly good SE have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAcXtvhqTaY

Then start saving

Return to “MX5 Forced induction (Turbo/Supercharger)”