Is NitroDann still around

Discussion regarding Turbocharged and supercharged MX-5s

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, The American, Lokiel, -alex, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy, Sean

luzinit
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Re: Is NitroDann still around

Postby luzinit » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:58 pm

Quick update, Dann got in touch with me and sent out the intake last week.
I believe Mania will now be selling his gear, which I think is a good solution for Dann. He can focus on doing what he does best which is fabrication and leave it to someone else to manage sales/distribution.

DTH
Driver
Vehicle: NC

Postby DTH » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:56 pm

In the unlikely event that you guys are still reading this thread I must respond in Dann's defence. In my experience of the guy he worked until late at night (10 pm & he didn't have to) on my job & his work was excellent and he struck me as a very responsible guy. IMO, he certainly has been through a sh&t time for a while now and i can understand how this can affect one's life and work. Yes, it's easy for some to say that one's private life difficulties should not affect one's work but it's not so easy when you're up to your arse in alligators and you're just trying to drain the swamp.
If you're reading this Dann I know what you're going through (I've looked at your chart). You showed me you have a high standard of work ethics along with your other skills so keep to those and you'll get through it all.
Best regards to you and Teresa.
DavidH

StuwieP
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby StuwieP » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:37 pm

DTH wrote:In the unlikely event that you guys are still reading this thread I must respond in Dann's defence. In my experience of the guy he worked until late at night (10 pm & he didn't have to) on my job & his work was excellent and he struck me as a very responsible guy. IMO, he certainly has been through a sh&t time for a while now and i can understand how this can affect one's life and work. Yes, it's easy for some to say that one's private life difficulties should not affect one's work but it's not so easy when you're up to your arse in alligators and you're just trying to drain the swamp.
If you're reading this Dann I know what you're going through (I've looked at your chart). You showed me you have a high standard of work ethics along with your other skills so keep to those and you'll get through it all.
Best regards to you and Teresa.
DavidH

I second this. He persevered with my build even though clearly he was struggling with everything else, and delivered an excellent car that's only really had trouble with stuff I did wrong. Not every community has had someone who's contributed the way Dann has, even if we didn't always agree with him every step of the way!
My NA6/SE build
Engine #1 RIP 04/07/2020

KevGoat
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby KevGoat » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:07 pm

StuwieP wrote:...Not every community has had someone who's contributed the way Dann has, even if we didn't always agree with him every step of the way!

This 100%.

If you read this Dann ... didn't always agree, but always respected, and you taught me a lot. Don't know what is going on, but stay strong mate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby greenMachine » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:04 am

Agree with the above. Dann was a contributor, and that made this community better in many different ways.

Thanks Dann.

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

MX5NBpsi
Driver
Vehicle: NB8B - Turbo

Postby MX5NBpsi » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:15 pm

Dann was good for the MX5 community and modding unfortunately i think its today’s unreasonable expectations from consumers that makes it hard for a business especially a niche one to be sustainable and not mentally draining.

i bought 3 items from him and each time he was helpful and prompt considering the type of work i needed done and his knowledge base on theese cars was amazing.
:NB8B: [SLOMX5]

beavis
Forum sponsor
Vehicle: NB8B - Turbo

Postby beavis » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:42 pm

MX5NBpsi wrote:today’s unreasonable expectations from consumers that makes it hard for a business especially a niche one to be sustainable and not mentally draining. .

this.
Turbo NB Build Thread | BeavisMotorsport.com | YouTube.com/bbeavis | Cars: NA6, NA8-VVT, NB-Turbo, ND-2L

cookie
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NA6

Postby cookie » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:17 am

I'm not surprised. Too many over commitments.

The work he did was good. The work he didn't do but got paid for was poor form

He screwed up my $3300 order and took me driving to newcastle 18 months later to get my money I paid him back. All my story got deleted twice on here trying to recount what happened. Guess when you're a sponsor you're able to do these things. I think his attitude got him where he did, put strong opinions out there and stuck by them. Unfortunately that attitude also bit him in the arse a few times too.

I'm glad he's decided to do something different. Probably better for his mental health, and better for everyone here too.

Return to “MX5 Forced induction (Turbo/Supercharger)”