Is NitroDann still around

Discussion regarding Turbocharged and supercharged MX-5s

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, The American, Lokiel, -alex, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy, Sean

NitroDann
Forum sponsor
Vehicle: NA6

Re: Is NitroDann still around

Postby NitroDann » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:10 pm

http://www.NitroDann.com

speed wrote:If I was to do it again, I wouldn't even consider the supercharger.

SKYHI
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby SKYHI » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Great news Dann. Glad to know this is still an option for my future upgrade.

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby bruce » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:58 pm

I'd be buying it now as you don't know if it will be available in the future.

luzinit
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8A

Postby luzinit » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:26 pm

Anyone heard from Dann in the last month?

Quite possibly the last time I ever order from Dann as I am getting nowhere trying to contact him to get an update on my order. Ordered an intake for my SE as Dann assured me he had a NB to work with and could fabricate all the parts ASAP, with the only delay being unifilter to supply an air filter (5-7 days normal wait time). Was happy to ring me multiple times and talk shop until I paid in full to ensure I got it ASAP.

7 weeks later and no intake, with sms, phone call and facebook msgs unanswered for the last 3 weeks. Pretty poor form and extremely disappointing to say the least.

Lesson learnt, will never pay for an item in full again until it is ready to ship as this seems to be a recurring problem.

Dann, if you're reading this, give us update pls mate, that is the least I ask for.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bruce
Speed Racer

Postby bruce » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:43 pm

Considering the well known past history a sensible person would not deal with him.

luzinit
Fast Driver

Postby luzinit » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:45 pm

Yeh, poor decision on my behalf Bruce. I had purchased an exhaust before which was pretty smooth so gave him benefit of the doubt. Stupid me.

KevGoat
Speed Racer

Postby KevGoat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:12 pm

His website's been down for quite a while, his Facebook has had nothing for quite a while and there's been a plethora of posts on here about his lack of response to any form of contact, so yeah probably a bad decision. But when someone such as Dann has been such a strong personality within the MX-5 community and especially this forum, changing our ideas and concepts of what is possible with these cars, in return receiving strong support from the majority here, it is somewhat understandable. It's just a shame he's going out in such a manner...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

track_addict
Fast Driver

Postby track_addict » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:30 pm

Wow, Bruce is such a ray of sunshine.......as per usual . How’s about being constructive? Or does old age effect the ability to have a balanced discussion with younger people? Ya moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
89' Roadster - Sold
'04 SE - Sunlight Silver.

Todd77
Driver

Postby Todd77 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:00 am

Look guys, it’s easy to cast judgement without knowing what’s going on in someone’s life. I’m sure Dann has his reasons for the limited activity and response. He could be going thru a really sh*t time in his life at the moment,,, no one knows. Luzinit I didn’t get along with Dann when I first met him, didn’t agree with a lot of his views to say the least.. but lately I’ve had a few dealings and conversations with him, and have now come to the conclusion he is a good bloke. I’m sure if you have paid him for something that you haven’t received, he will make it right. Either by giving money back or the goods you ordered.

luzinit
Fast Driver

Postby luzinit » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:17 am

What gave me hope was Mania posted about how they will stock his products. Todd, not saying he isn't a good bloke, he might well be. When I have spoken to him on the phone, he's a nice guy and comes across as very knowledgeable. Just a poor operator that has over promised and under delivered on way too many occasions. He's rang me from the phone that I've been ringing him on and it does ring, before going to voicemail. My guess is he just ignores it until he sees fit to respond. Oh well.

bruce
Speed Racer

Postby bruce » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:51 am

track_addict wrote:Wow, Bruce is such a ray of sunshine.......as per usual . How’s about being constructive? Or does old age effect the ability to have a balanced discussion with younger people? Ya moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is basically ripping people off, intentionally. The nice people of this forum (who are the victims) are just too polite to say it (but they are all thinking it).
You sir are the gullible moron (who will be handing over cash to him soon).

ralt
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2

Postby ralt » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:18 am

Hi.
Gee some of you people as soon as you don't get what you ordered on time get on here knocking Dan which is probably correct. . Maybe Dan has some problems in his personal life only he can address.

bruce
Speed Racer

Postby bruce » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:24 pm

Running a business professionally is totally separate from anything else, especially ones personal life. What happens there is private and should always remain so.
I am an objective observer and am working on the facts of the matter. Conjecture about other things should be left out of it.

bruce
Speed Racer

Postby bruce » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Note that people only post their problems here as a matter of last resort to get his attention. It is a known fact that he reads all these messages.

luzinit
Fast Driver

Postby luzinit » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:36 pm

I totally agree with comments made by Bruce. It really is a last attempt as I've tried through other methods. Fb messenger, sms, phone, voicemail.

Return to “MX5 Forced induction (Turbo/Supercharger)”