SP turbo muffler

Discussion regarding Turbocharged and supercharged MX-5s

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, The American, Lokiel, -alex, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy, Sean

Robby
Learner Driver
Vehicle: NB SP

SP turbo muffler

Postby Robby » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:25 pm

I have recently got my NB. SP turbo running really nicely , but am getting booming from the muffler/exhaust.. I replaced the cat with a high flow but may need to replace muffler.
Has anyone with SP changed muffler … I’m looking for a crisp resonant sound , not over loud … similar to original
I tried contacting SMB but they are out of business

Do I need special high flowmuffler for turbo etc

Appreciate any comments

Roadrunner
coyotes after you
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: SP turbo muffler

Postby Roadrunner » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:00 am

I've got the Magnaflow 11256 (18"x4x9) on my SE (2.5inch from turbo with high flow cat from MX5Mania). Definitely no boom and not obnoxious at all. Not quiet but not stupid loud either. Sounds really good. Highly recommend. I will however, be changing to the Magnaflow 12589 (22"x5x11). It's much bigger and the US miataturbo forum swear by it as the quiestest full flow muffler you can put on. My SE is reverting to more daily work traffic street use now so need something that doesn't scream "look at me" when I punch it off the lights :lol:
MeepMeep

greenMachine
Forum Guru

Postby greenMachine » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:53 am

I have a Magnaflow too 3" in and out on the SE, nice note and quiet (140rwkw). Not sure what pn though but might be findable if you are interested.

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

KevGoat
Speed Racer

Postby KevGoat » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:48 pm

I have the larger Magnaflow on my SE with the NitroDann 3" downpipe and midpipe, stepped down to 2.5" before the muffler, and it's been perfect for what I asked him for. No droning (roof up or down), not loud but more noticeable than the stock SE exhaust in a good way while never intrusive.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Return to “MX5 Forced induction (Turbo/Supercharger)”