What turbo - 2023 edition

Discussion regarding Turbocharged and supercharged MX-5s

Moderators: timk, Stu, zombie, The American, Lokiel, -alex, StanTheMan, greenMachine, ManiacLachy, Daffy, Sean

Daffy
Forum legend
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: What turbo - 2023 edition

Postby Daffy » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:56 am

I may have a solution mate if your factoring in price and quality, the Problem Childs previous GT2871R. I still have it (minus the actuator). It was in from 78,000ks to 120,000 and still looks the business.
StanTheMan wrote:sweet, Its not all about huge hp.

viewtopic.php?t=73496

greenMachine
Forum Guru
Vehicle: NB SE

Re: What turbo - 2023 edition

Postby greenMachine » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:50 pm

On the valve springs, the head has already been reassembled, Mania report they normally do 200-300rwkw cars with stockers, so at this point the stockers remain. I contemplated biting that bullet, but David's assurance and fear of WWAIT Syndrome (see below), plus cost, meant stockers remain, for better or worse.

Choice of turbo still under investigation - Daffy I will get back to you on that, thanks for thinking of me :) .

American, good point on 'While We Are In There ...' syndrome - I have upped the ante by putting an ATI damper on the Boundary oil pump, still contemplating a flex fuel sensor though, but E85 injectors going in just in case.

My engine is next on David's list, so in a few weeks the car will have to go down there. Dunno where it will go, so many MX5s ... :frown:

:mrgreen:
I never met a horsepower I didn't like (thanks bwob)

Build thread

NB SE - gone to the dark side (and loving it 8) )

Return to “MX5 Forced induction (Turbo/Supercharger)”